Charging issue with ASUS G751

Clintwolff

Prominent
Mar 26, 2017
I have a 14mo old ASUS G751JY-WX(WH71) and it has recently stopped recognizing the charger. I am getting sufficient power to brick, but when plugged in to the laptop, no light or indication comes up to say it is charging. Could it be the non-detachable battery, the charge port or the cable from the laptop to the adapter? Any input is appreciated.

Clintwolff

Prominent
Mar 26, 2017
Turns out the female connection on the laptop itself was damaged, this was just the kick in the @#$ i needed to dig down and build my own.
Thanks all for the input.

naveedshiliwala

Prominent
Apr 3, 2017
I am facing the exact same issue. Even my charger show the required voltage when measured via a multimeter for charging the laptop, but still the laptop does not charge. After doing some research and tearing apart my laptop I came to the conclusion that the charging port PCB which hold the charging port located inside the Laptop is at fault. I have ordered a new one and will post the result if this solves my charging issue.

Artemis_3

Prominent
May 15, 2017

Hi! Sorry this is a month later but did you ever get it or if you did did it work?I have the same issue and I need mine fixed as well

dukearl88

Prominent
May 23, 2017
I have the G751J Asus $2800 Costco laptop. The power cord sometimes with turn on the red light and charge up. Mostly it is draining down to 0 and it is very difficult to get the battery to charge/power cord to work. I really need to fix this.
Please help.

Clintwolff

Prominent
Mar 26, 2017
Turns out the female connection on the laptop itself was damaged, this was just the kick in the @#$ i needed to dig down and build my own.
Thanks all for the input.

Apr 30, 2018

Jan 20, 2019

I am assuming the new PCB did not fix the problem?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Laptop Tech Support 1
Aena Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 3
N Laptop Tech Support 3
T Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
V Laptop Tech Support 13
D Laptop Tech Support 1
V Laptop Tech Support 2
P Laptop Tech Support 2