Charging problem MSI

Tomthehobbit

Prominent
Mar 3, 2017
So my laptop charger stopped working completely yesterday as it didn't charge anymore and started making the laptop create weird noises so I went and purchased another charger today. Upon testing the charger I can only get it to continuously charge whilst off however when I turn it on it will charge, stop charging, charge, stop charging every second and it's frustrating me. I have an msi ge72 laptop and the new power brick I have is quite small so I'm not sure whether it's getting all the power it needs.

Solution
The new charger you bought, was it aftermarket or OEM? That can make a difference.

Also, if it isn't working correctly, and you just bought it, take it back and make them give you another one. It just may be defective.
Sounds to me like you bought a charger with too little output (as you have surmised). The replacement charger should be outputting the same voltage as the original, and putting out as least as much (if not more) amperage as the original charger.

Paul_339

Prominent
Jun 24, 2017

Hey friend, im having the same trouble and just wondering if you found a solution for this?