Charter Security Suite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sazerac7

Honorable
Jun 10, 2012
Can anyone tell me if the 2015 Charter Security Suite is a good choice. I'm asking since I just went with Charter internet service and they offer this Security Suite for free.

eatmypie

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013
Charter has another company design their security suite. Over the past few years they have used F-Secure and McAfee, I know for sure though F-Secure has done it in the past, and to be honest their security isn't all that bad. I don't use antivirus software but F-Secure labs in located in Finland and they are one of the few AV vendors that include things like governmental malware in their scans. But F-Secure isn't bad when you get it directly from them, but the charter Security suite is super bloated with pups atm which charter gets paid by advertising networks so they can sell your searches etc online. That is how they are able to give it to you for free is by selling your interests etc online to these advertisers. So charter Security is good in the sense that it uses the F-Secure engine and database, but lacks in a lot of other privacy areas. If I was you I would get Malwarebytes premium because right now I think some stores are selling life time licenses for their software.

Sazerac7

Honorable
Jun 10, 2012
Thanks so much for all the information. I was curious why Charter was offering the suite for free, well now I know. Ans yes, Im a MBAM Pro too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS