CHEAP: $70 Blu-ray Disc Player Hits Target

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmmil978

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
$69.98? Hey...I'm familiar with Target pricing, that price is a CLEARANCE price...in other words : This is not an everyday low price for a commonly found item at Target. This is a markdown mark out of an item that will no longer be carried so they can make room for a (more expensive) newer model. Everyone will have to wait awhile longer for commonly found BD players sitting on shelves at that price.

darkguset

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
Depends on the image quality. That is why you get BR in the first place. If the 1080 looks worse than my 5 year old DVD, then why would i get one?

Marcus Yam

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2008
[citation][nom]danimal_the_animal[/nom]B.S.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!website shows 139.99http://www.target.com/dp/B001VICOM2[/citation]
Yes, website does show that. If you're lucky to grab one in store, however, you'll be rewarded with a price that scans in at just half of that number. :D

Don't believe everything that you read on the Internet... err.. wait.. :heink:

TeKEffect

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
why would you buy a low budget blu-ray player...its a format for those willing to pay for the best quality.

I guess penny pinchers want to feel current but I dont get it

TeKEffect

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
why would you buy a low budget blu-ray player...its a format for those willing to pay for the best quality.

I guess penny pinchers want to feel current but I dont get it

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]jay236[/nom]There goes the excuse to the wife that the PS3 is the cheapest blu-ray player..[/citation]
Shhh... just don't tell her.
I was considering finally buying a Bluray drive, but then I consider buying a PS3.
But then again, having a bluray drive in my PC would be much more convenient...
Too bad even cheap bluray drives for PC's cost $65, and cheap burners cost $150+
And then you have to actually buy the discs. Ouch.
I would just use the bluray drive in my laptop, but at some point, it decided to stop reading blurays...

PLATTERMAN

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
You get what you pay for comes to mind. I buy solidly built higher end components at reasonable prices. Bargain buying is good, finding the cheapest thing you can find is not. The loading time etc on this player will more than likely be one of the slowest. Run some tests and post the results and comparisons to other higher end players.

kkiddu

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2009
There's gotta be a catch if something's so cheap. When a technology becomes cheap, the entire competition will provide it cheap. If only one brand is providing it for that cheap ,then as Platterman said, there are bound to be some drawbacks.

jamesedgeuk2000

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
Reviews say that it's definitely not the best shining example of image quality, but if you're looking for a cheap way to get to 1080p with Blu-ray, this is a steal.

:| that's gotta be one of the dumbest things I have ever read...

so the reviews say it cant do 1080p properly, but its a bargain if you want 1080p? does anyone proof read these things??

husky91

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008
The media needs to come with dual format or they need a format that plays in both BR and DVD. I have 3 portable dvd players, a laptop that plays DVDs, other TVs with DVD players. If I switch to BR I can only play those movies on that one player.

festerovic

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
Well, if a decent blu ray player is around $100, that makes the PS3 game side cost $200. And considering the PS3 is one of the best BR players quality wise, it still looks like ps3 is a better deal than a standalone. But when I see prices like this ($70) for players, it just tells me that BR is a lot closer to full blown adoption. Hopefully then the prices will come down on the movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.