cheap laptop for gta5

htcelated

Commendable
Mar 28, 2016
hi there i want to buy a laptop which will play gta 5 , 4 or other good games. but budget is like 300 gbp can anyone suggest me a laptop model thanks

Solution
I would like to but I don't feel familiar with british websites that offer gaming laptops for a good price so I suggest you to intestigate where to find cheap laptops so then
I can select one from the site.

But it's not that difficult to choose one as you have no much money, so the only thing that really matters is a decent GPU. GDDR5 if possible maybe a GTX 950M, 860M, GTX 850M or any other GPU with similar performance. If the money isn't enough grab an R7 M260, GT 940M, etc. Here you can check a laptops GPUs ranking:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Graphics-Cards-Benchmark-List.844.0.html

It's the only spec you should really consider due to with 300gbp no one will offer great features.

If it's possible try not to get a big...

Oliver_21

Commendable
Feb 17, 2016
I would like to but I don't feel familiar with british websites that offer gaming laptops for a good price so I suggest you to intestigate where to find cheap laptops so then
I can select one from the site.

But it's not that difficult to choose one as you have no much money, so the only thing that really matters is a decent GPU. GDDR5 if possible maybe a GTX 950M, 860M, GTX 850M or any other GPU with similar performance. If the money isn't enough grab an R7 M260, GT 940M, etc. Here you can check a laptops GPUs ranking:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Graphics-Cards-Benchmark-List.844.0.html

It's the only spec you should really consider due to with 300gbp no one will offer great features.

If it's possible try not to get a big laptop a good size is 15.6 which is pretty common in any laptop. And a laptop that comes from a good brand such as ASUS, lenovo, dell, toshiba, MSI, gigabyte, etc.

ACER and HP are not good brands at all and you can elect them for being cheap, however you really requiere to take care of your CPU and GPU temperatures by using HWmonitor and even getting a base with fans.

Solution

HeuristicToaster

Commendable
Mar 27, 2016
+1 regarding Oliver's comments
The GT 710M is a decent mobile card (if a little old now) that will handle GTA V reasonably well. Here is a laptop with that card: ebay.eu/22W0Kpf
Of course, I recommend shopping around for better deals that are probably hiding somewhere, but that's just something you might want to check out. It's a refurb (hence the price), but has solid specs (i5 w/ 4-threads 2.7GHz, 4GB RAM which can be upgraded to 8GB for ~£20, GT 710M). Here's an i3/710M playing GTA V for reference: bit.ly/1MxbQNz

Edit: Looking around a bit more, if you can stretch your budget by £100-150, the wealth of available GPUs increases tremendously! A laptop with i5/8GB/GT 940m is averaging around £450, providing a far from inconsiderable performance increase