Cheap medium title gaming laptop.

Snooooowman

Estimable
Feb 20, 2015
Hello!

I'm looking for a medium price laptop ($400-$550) to gift to my little brother who want's to start gaming with me. I've always built my own PC's, and the only laptop experience I have is with chromebooks, which I love for using around the house while not on my desktop.

He wants to play games like
smite, he already loves smite because he plays on my pc and on his xbox.
WoW, becuase everyone in our family plays
and LoL becuase we watched the world champs together and he wants to play
(pretty much the games he sees me play most and wants to get into)
and other games like that, nothing much bigger.
720p is fine, he won't care, I don't expect to max out graphics in any of these games, but since I don't know jack about gaming laptops anymore, I've decided to ask. I've already got my old Razer keyboard and mouse for him to use, so i'm just looking for the best laptop for games like those, in that price range.

thanks in advance

Solution
At the limit of your budget you can buy the following Acer laptop with a nVidia 940mx. Going less than that basically means a laptop with integrated graphics.

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-E5-575G-57D4-15-6-Inches-Notebook-i5-7200U/dp/B01LD4MGY4/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1512661030&sr=1-2&keywords=940mx

Integrated graphics like the Intel HD 620 found in 7th gen Intel Core i3/i5/i7 CPU is pretty decent at playing non-graphically demanding games like LoL (1080p with ultra settings is playable) and I believe Smite is not too demanding either (but it is more demanding than LoL). But if your budget allows for a dedicated GPU, then there is no reason not to get the above mentioned laptop. The 940mx is a budget GPU, but it is a lot...
At the limit of your budget you can buy the following Acer laptop with a nVidia 940mx. Going less than that basically means a laptop with integrated graphics.

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-E5-575G-57D4-15-6-Inches-Notebook-i5-7200U/dp/B01LD4MGY4/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1512661030&sr=1-2&keywords=940mx

Integrated graphics like the Intel HD 620 found in 7th gen Intel Core i3/i5/i7 CPU is pretty decent at playing non-graphically demanding games like LoL (1080p with ultra settings is playable) and I believe Smite is not too demanding either (but it is more demanding than LoL). But if your budget allows for a dedicated GPU, then there is no reason not to get the above mentioned laptop. The 940mx is a budget GPU, but it is a lot more powerful than the Intel HD 620.

Solution