Cheap soundcard with Dolby-in?

pulsar_t

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2007
Hello, I was in a Carrefour store a few weeks ago and I saw this budget soundcard with two of those Dolby "knobs" on the cover. I was in a rush to read the specs (and I even forgot the brand), but I reckon it supports Dolby in and out. I'm getting a 360 which purpotedly has optical Dolby out, and I was to connect that to a soundcard on my PC. The Audigy value series doesn't have it apparently, and I couldn't find anything with a reasonable price (I'm talking sub-$50 here). Is the licensing that skyrockets production costs or do those more-known manufacturer labels reserve Dolby/DTS support only for their higher-end products?

g-paw

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
This is the least expensive card I've found designed for Dolby. Note the bluegears 192Khz sample rate versus the 96Khz of Turtle Beach. I'm not saying the Turtle Beach is a bad card but to get a higher quality Dolby designed sound card you'll be looking at starting at $100 and the bluegear is likely the best Dolby designed out there without with out going into the $170 or so range. C Media CMI8788 chipset is designed specifically for Dolby

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DeathTongue Audio 0
S Audio 1
G Audio 0
W Audio 6
G Audio 0
D Audio 3
Senpos Audio 3
J Audio 1
J Audio 2
Marshall Honorof Audio 1
D Audio 3