Solved! Cheapest Laptop Capable of Graphic Design?

fender967

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
Hi Guys

In short, I am a graphic designer and I would like to sometimes not have to sit at my desk while I work. The programs I mainly use are Photoshop / Illustrator. My price range for a laptop is $500-650. Every laptop I see in that range has a garbage integrated graphics card.

Does anyone know of a laptop that has a dedicated graphics card capable of running photoshop and playing DVDs for less than $650?

Andrew

Solution
Well, even for PS and Illustrator, a "garbage integrated graphics card" should provide enough power for most tasks related to the applications.

In any case, Dell offers relatively powerful laptops with dedicated graphics sometimes for $500. I suggest you check Dell's website.

r_manic

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Well, even for PS and Illustrator, a "garbage integrated graphics card" should provide enough power for most tasks related to the applications.

In any case, Dell offers relatively powerful laptops with dedicated graphics sometimes for $500. I suggest you check Dell's website.

Solution

frozenlead

Distinguished
Photoshop isn't GPU accelerated. You really won't notice a difference between a notebook with one and without one. All you really need for photoshop is a nice, large, high-res screen, 2+GB of memory, and a high-clocked dual core CPU.