Cheaters Hacking COD 4 Modern Warfare PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravenware

Distinguished
May 17, 2005
Stop the presses!

Cheating? Hacking? Call of Duty?

This has plagued the CoD series since its release.
The original game was overflowing with hackers once I had started playing it online, essentially ruining the game (that and the predictable single player missions). My fault I guess for spending too much time in Medal Of Honor.

Raidur

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
Aha! So much for the PS3 vs PC argument of PC = hack-ability. :)

This is a sad thing though. Cheaters are a sad sad thing. Gamers thinking they get some kind of 'hot' image when they're 'pwning' by cheating. Or even the ones who do it openly for... fun? Another reason being the fact that sometimes I get kicked out of servers for 'cheating' on CS:S. Apparently you aren't able to shoot the admin too many times in a row in the head, or ELSE!

Hatecrime69

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2008
[citation][nom]Raidur[/nom]Aha! So much for the PS3 vs PC argument of PC = hack-ability.[/citation]

No, no! This is entirely different! This is glitching, not hacking!

/sarcasm

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
I have no problem of them hacking to give themselves god mode but don't do it in a live game where it's also being played by other players. Totally ruins the game.

Since it's a glitch or exploit it'll be patched soon.

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
Also, since it's widely known exploit I wonder will they do a rollback of your scores after the patch is in place?

XD_dued

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
Why do people cheat on video games? What do they have to gain? Games are for fun only, and it ruins the fun for everyone else, and even themselves. Its a lil fun to play games on god mode for a while, but it quickly gets boring. Seriously do something better with your life.

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
[citation][nom]Hatecrime69[/nom]No, no! This is entirely different! This is glitching, not hacking! /sarcasm[/citation]
Tell that to the StarCraft community where most glitches are allowed and hack are never allowed.

nachowarrior

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
it's funny how many people whine about cheaters but don't realize there are top notch games with servers out there that don't tolerate cheating via PERMANENT BAN. Blizzard had the right idea with D2, give the cheaters their own servers, and leave the quality servers for people who want to play the game the right way (although there were a few cheats that sneaked through the reg server). Cheat on most valve servers protected VAC and you will soon no longer be able to play said game online without creating your own server.

surrept420

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
Sigh....15 years late on that one don't you think guys? Hacking online fps's has been around since doom online over 15 years ago. Expect it to get worse in consols as they begin to mimick online play on a PC. I'm actually glad to see it. Maybe it will get enough press and they will do something about hacking online PC shooters such as cs source and the likes. Doubtful but I can hope.

the associate

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
[citation][nom]Raidur[/nom] Another reason being the fact that sometimes I get kicked out of servers for 'cheating' on CS:S. Apparently you aren't able to shoot the admin too many times in a row in the head, or ELSE![/citation]

Way to true, admins put their ego in bf2 just as badly as cs:s in my experience, very sad actually, when will humanity as a whole start evolving psychologically instead of just physically and technologically.

But staying on topic, I agree with surrept420, I'm glad to see it on consoles to, and hopefully your right, and they will do something about it, oh and, a mod for cod world at war to spot out campers like in cs:s would be nice.....how about a big glowing transparent tent -.-

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
There will always be people cheating in anything competitive. This will never go away and always remain a problem.

Remember that most people who cheat in video games however are just trying to upset you. Don't let it happen just leave the game if you have to. Don't even talk to the cheater simply disconnect. Find another game to connect to and enjoy yourself.

As for this specific case I do hope that they can find out everyone who is doing this and are able to work with Sony to get their console banned from PSN. Having to buy a new PS3 would teach them real quick that griefing games isn't worth it.

sanctoon

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
The last games I used any cheat on was Duke 3D back in 1996, and Quake a bit later. Don't like it much, defeats the whole purpose.

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
That is hacking lol.. The fly/unlimited ammo.. It's hacking lmao.. And you can hack the ps3/xbox 360.. UM duh.. Old news just google search it lol. Ya, they cost money, but so do pc hacks.

p0werhorse

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
a mod for cod world at war to spot out campers like in cs:s would be nice.....how about a big glowing transparent tent -.-

There was a feature in a Quake 3 mod, where if you stayed in one place for x seconds (camper) you died. It's a great way to discourage camping.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]kingnoobe[/nom]That is hacking lol.. The fly/unlimited ammo.. It's hacking lmao.. And you can hack the ps3/xbox 360.. UM duh.. Old news just google search it lol. Ya, they cost money, but so do pc hacks.[/citation]

360 is worse since there able to run home brew stuff on it so they could hack any cheats into any games they want. too bad it would only last them a a day or 2 till they get banned from xbox live.

dingumf

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
Once again, Tom and his boys (and some girls maybe) are POSTING OLD, USELESS NEWS, that's been on since like 2007.

Status
Not open for further replies.