Check Out the 1983 Version of the iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

gokanis

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
[citation][nom]bucknutty[/nom]people in the 80s must have had good eye sight to read that little black on grey screen.[/citation]

Yep, 20/12, too bad the Air Force wouldn't record anything below 20/20. Didn't want to pay for my eyes as they degraded to 20/20 and lower. When I hit 40 it all went to crap, or maybe mom was right when she said not to touch my special purpose.

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
[citation][nom]lazymangaka[/nom]That the idea of writing checks electronically was revolutionary is astounding in itself.[/citation]

Well it had to start somewhere. Surely you didn't think it was always like that.....

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]gokanis[/nom]Yep, 20/12, too bad the Air Force wouldn't record anything below 20/20. Didn't want to pay for my eyes as they degraded to 20/20 and lower. When I hit 40 it all went to crap, or maybe mom was right when she said not to touch my special purpose.[/citation]
I took a walk around my block the other day. I saw 2 squirrels and a fallen tree branch. My car may need a new CV joint. I like the new cheddar Sun Chips. Can anyone else add any more completely irrelevant information?

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
...Apple could still market this to the Apple loyalists today...very easily. They would have to come out with a black case version first while holding out on this white one, maybe even shutdown some "awesome" features of this device to later unlock the glorious hardware 6 months after release. Of course don't forget the apple logo and the 5000 page of terms and conditions that Apple now owns your soul...

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
[citation][nom]lamorpa[/nom]I took a walk around my block the other day. I saw 2 squirrels and a fallen tree branch. My car may need a new CV joint. I like the new cheddar Sun Chips. Can anyone else add any more completely irrelevant information?[/citation]

What are you feelings about Sodium Benzoate?

How about Pluto? Is it a real planet, or decadent wannabe having an unwholesome relationship with Charon that no real planet would?

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]TA152H[/nom]What are you feelings about Sodium Benzoate? How about Pluto? Is it a real planet, or decadent wannabe having an unwholesome relationship with Charon that no real planet would?[/citation]
Getting back to the topic at hand, do you have 20/20 vision?

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
"A quick look around the room in a restaurant will reveal quite a few people with smartphone devices, many of which might be an iPhone." You wanted to say an android phone since Android activated devices are way more than IOS .

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
the whole photo looks photoshopped the product itself looks like the late 90's style. 1983 this was nothing more then a description of function on paper, there is no way this thing was invented in 1983 with the late 90's look and style as well as the pixel quality and screen colors used which is better then anything made before 1997.
this smells of an out right lie to try and claim patent over gene rodenberry's concept inventions that predate apples product by a good 10 years even with the 1997-2000'ish look/style and quality.
and that's just the phone itself, how about that microsoft/quickbooks functionality/designed software on that screen. nothing like that existed back then.
apple has submitted an out right lie and i know it.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
watch next apple is going to claim patent rights over the stylus based on this fake 1983 product and sue every one even star trek from 1960's over patent rights.

pixelnate

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2010
I agree with the comments that this is in the style of Apple's 90s era. That gray display looks like the Newton, and in fact, that virtual keyboard is straight out of NewtonOS. Perhaps it's from '93 and not '83?

lathe26

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
That's Apple's 80's style, not 90's style. It looks like the exact style of my parents Apple //c, from the color to the cooling slats to the corner curves to the slanted indicator lights to the Apple logo.

The only thing that makes it look 90's is the large LCD touch screen. It don't recall any 80's products with such a large screen.

The real question is how real was this thing:
Was it a functional unit?
Was this an Apple designer's mock-up?
Was this photoshopped?

I vote that it was an Apple mock-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.