Check out the New Windows Phone 7 Commercials

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
Honestly the first ad should not be presented on it's own, it will confuse people, since it does not clarify the message it is trying to tell.

I quite like the second one though, that looks like it should work...

I've seen better ad's though, like Jeremy Clarkson's ad's of the Volkswagen Scirocco Diesel.

AerieC

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2009
I understand the basic premise of the ads: the phones are more efficient, thus we can spend less time on them, but it's important to remember that people want smart phones BECAUSE of how much they can do on them (surfing the internet, apps, games, etc.).

IMO these ads almost send the message: "Hey! WP7 doesn't have all the features those other phones have, so you wont spend as much time playing with it!"

G

now this is interesting, is MS actually marketing the phone towards the anti-iPhone crowd

don't be a sheep by a windows phone..... based upon the uptake of android phones that could be one smart move, no use trying to convert the unconvertable (in general) aim for the more open minded crowd who might actually bite.... i'll be damned someone actually might have done a decent job of market research

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]xbeater[/nom]Honestly the first ad should not be presented on it's own, it will confuse people, since it does not clarify the message it is trying to tell.I quite like the second one though, that looks like it should work...[/citation]
Completely agree. First ad is horrible and to be honest I wouldn't know what was going on if I hadn't read the text in this article before I pressed play. Second ad is MUCH better.

Do they make me want to buy a Windows 7 Phone? Umm... No. And I'll tell you why:
The ONLY WP7 phone I've seen so far is the Samsung Focus. And it just so happens to have a shiny AT&T logo next to it. In fact, 3 out of 4 WP7 phones announced so far are exclusive to AT&T (4th being T-mobile). Why all of these phone manufacturing companies are falling into the AT&T trap, especially after hearing all of the carrier problems with the iPhone, is beyond me. Must be lots of money involved.

Should be interesting to see how the phones do compared to the iPhone and the Android phones though.

haunted one

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2009
What I don't like is how the ads don't highlight any features of the OS. The message in the first ad is kind of hard to get across and easy to understand incorrectly.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Ragnar-Kon[/nom]Completely agree. First ad is horrible and to be honest I wouldn't know what was going on if I hadn't read the text in this article before I pressed play. Second ad is MUCH better.Do they make me want to buy a Windows 7 Phone? Umm... No. And I'll tell you why:The ONLY WP7 phone I've seen so far is the Samsung Focus. And it just so happens to have a shiny AT&T logo next to it. In fact, 3 out of 4 WP7 phones announced so far are exclusive to AT&T (4th being T-mobile). Why all of these phone manufacturing companies are falling into the AT&T trap, especially after hearing all of the carrier problems with the iPhone, is beyond me. Must be lots of money involved.Should be interesting to see how the phones do compared to the iPhone and the Android phones though.[/citation]
Well I gotta agree with you aswell!

Situation im in though (not in US) I need a phone only, simlock free out of the factory (I hop around a lot of different countries). Needless to say, if you want a smartphone, with WP7 this might be hard to pull off, not to mention in my home country most of the WP7 services (XBOX live etc) will be taking a much longer time until they are out.

I kind of get the feeling this is just another iPhone, with no open-source, carrier bound, .... to me it just looks like an iPhone but from M$.

I also hate it when a beautiful designed phone's looks are spoiled by a carrier logo... uhg

I don't mean to be bashing the phone, I quite like it actually, its just that I can't see this being practical for many people.

Perhaps if M$ doesn't start being **ores like apple by screwing you over if you "Jailbreak" it, I might consider looking further into it.

User69

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2010
I can't wait until Verizon gets the iPhone so I can actually use my speedy 3g connection. Then Verizon will get their network bogged down.

Kryan

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
[citation][nom]xbeater[/nom]I've seen better ad's though, like Jeremy Clarkson's ad's of the Volkswagen Scirocco Diesel.[/citation]
That was the best advert in the world. ever. and those VW geeks told him it was ridiculous...LOL
I would have bought it based on clarkson's ad, but not theirs...or MS's new ads ...not enough explosions...

fjjb

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
its kinda cool to see the adds but Really? they are saying that after you buy our phones you will be bored and dont have nothing to do rather than do the normal living (which is what EVERYONE SHOULD DO!!!) still im confused

arges86

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2008
interesting direction for an ad
most phones tout that you can do more... all the time
this is more of a do more for less [time] kinda thing.

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
with smartphones you can surf the net, watch videos, read ebooks. you do need to stare at the screen for more than a few minutes to do these. otherwise what are those colorful big screens for. to look up our phone book?

Status
Not open for further replies.