"Checking Media" screen

sabin199980

Prominent
Oct 26, 2017
Hi, I have a Lenovo Y520 Gaming Laptop and after I boot up, in the upper left corner appears "Checking media" (stays in this screen for a few seconds then boots up in windows)
Can i get rid of this :Checking Media" screen?

Solution
Instead of shutting down your laptop at the end of the day, put it to sleep instead.

That way, you won't see the boot screens except when you are forced to reboot after a software install for example. Plus, you won't be waiting as long to start using it since waking up is a lot quicker than a full boot.

I can't remember when I last turned off my laptop - - I always use sleep mode when I've finished using it.

JoshRC

Estimable
Jun 21, 2015
It may hang around longer if the drive you booting off isn't at the top of the boot order, you can change this by getting into the bios. But i doubt there's a way to get rid of it entirely.

Instead of shutting down your laptop at the end of the day, put it to sleep instead.

That way, you won't see the boot screens except when you are forced to reboot after a software install for example. Plus, you won't be waiting as long to start using it since waking up is a lot quicker than a full boot.

I can't remember when I last turned off my laptop - - I always use sleep mode when I've finished using it.

Solution