Child cell phone monitoring

Laura869

Prominent
Jun 19, 2017
Hello everyone,
I was wondering if anyone can point me to a Key-logger for a cell phone that would be free and would work great.

My daughter is becoming a teen and as this happens I want to ensure her safety. I've tried to download some however my cell always tells me that it's something that is not trusted and would potentially "break" my phone.

any help with this would be fantastic. Thanks in advance :)

Solution
As suggested I would look at parental controls, there should also be some controls provided by your carrier.

Of course blocking a program is easy, monitoring what your child does with said program is much more difficult.
For things you want to allow your daughter access to with supervision either put a password lock on the program or for things like social media you can require that you have the password for that account. Kids need to understand about not just the creeps trying to prey on teenage girls, but also the privacy and security issues that crooks will exploit on anyone naive enough to fall for it, and of course that anything on the internet is not private (even snapchat).

In regards to key-logger
1) If daughter was crafty...

Graybush

Estimable
Hi there!

Instead of a key-logger, I'd suggest using a parental control application or program. They're easier to help a teenager navigate the internet and can help you monitor how long they've been in front of a screen.

Tom's Guide has a best page, found here: http://www.tomsguide.com/us/best-parental-control-apps,review-2258.html

That being said, please make sure to have a conversation about internet safety and privacy with your kids. A little knowledge and research can go very far in this day and age.

As suggested I would look at parental controls, there should also be some controls provided by your carrier.

Of course blocking a program is easy, monitoring what your child does with said program is much more difficult.
For things you want to allow your daughter access to with supervision either put a password lock on the program or for things like social media you can require that you have the password for that account. Kids need to understand about not just the creeps trying to prey on teenage girls, but also the privacy and security issues that crooks will exploit on anyone naive enough to fall for it, and of course that anything on the internet is not private (even snapchat).

In regards to key-logger
1) If daughter was crafty enough then could trick the keylogger or bypass around it with custom keyboard anyways
2) we cant tell you how to do this as this could also be used for malicious purposes.

Solution