China Closes Rumor Microblogs in Continuing Crackdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pailin

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
Sometimes feels like we are not So far from that situation...

US Police departments trawling FaceBook for offences ranging from underage drinking and up

British tourists being arrested + deported for excitedly twittering (out of context) how they would destroy america (British slang "destroy" = have a Great Party) + their parody of the Simpsons about digging up Monroe's grave - they even searched them for spades etc at customs xD

British guy who lightheartedly (in context) tweated something like "they best clear that runnway of snow fast, my holiday kicks off in 2 weeks or I will blow the place up"

and sadly many more such examples...

G

Uh oh, looks like Tom's will have to start looking at other sources for their dime-a-dozen rumor articles.

G

Gary Stein is a 26 year old 9 years veteran of the U.S. Marine Corp got kick out of Marine Corps by just writing disrespectful common about obama. a solider who serve in the military for nine years got discharge by just calling the president stupid in twitter in a country that set amendment strongly guaranteed the freedom of speech. facebook that works for uncle sam, when you post your common there you better watch your as@, the amendment is not bulletproof, I believe the freedom of watching pron online is guaranteed.

G

the first 10 amendment is already expired under the act of against terrorism. you are being watching and under the safety protection by the government as long as you remaining living like a zombie. you can choose to stay or immigration to Canada.

G

Canada in getting there too.

Im glad to see the US people realize the state control is out of control.

As I now live in China. its their country their rules. You know you are not "free" to say anything you want. Thats fine. but in Canada and America we are under the assumption by rights that we have freedome of speech and its just not true

dreadlokz

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
rumors are bad in any society! we need information and facts... and China block those too! Thats why they became a world military power! They need to, because if they don't, any other country would invade them and make their ppl free! And then profit over, of course!

Status
Not open for further replies.