China's Fake Apple Stores Become Smart

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmk221

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2008
I don't know what the problem is. They are selling staff produced by company X then they are entatiled to use company X's trademarks all over their shop.

gokanis

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
[citation][nom]tmk221[/nom]I don't know what the problem is. They are selling staff produced by company X then they are entatiled to use company X's trademarks all over their shop.[/citation]

They are not entitled to use the logo, that is the problem. They are not an athorized Apple store. Kinda funny Apple got the Chinese police off their butts, when they ignore all the other countries talking to them. I guess capitalism is taking over....

pabeader

Distinguished
May 3, 2010
[citation][nom]sunflier[/nom]If its so "smart", then why is the signage written in English and not Chinese? hmmm???[/citation]

cuz engrish is universal

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
If they're still selling the same black market Apple merchandise in these stores they were before, what does this truly change? I still think they're going after the wrong people here...

If Apple's really got a bug up it's back-end about the fake stores reducing actual Apple product sales and profit, it should be focusing it's attention toward Foxconn. As the sole manufacturer of Apple products, guess where any Apple products available on the black market had to originate?

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
[citation][nom]tmk221[/nom]I don't know what the problem is. They are selling staff produced by company X then they are entatiled to use company X's trademarks all over their shop.[/citation]
Selling the products doesn't give you any rights to use the company's trademarks. In the case of these stores, they were never authorized to sell Apple products to begin with.

busuan

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011
This exemplifies why and how Apple Stores become a success. It's not so much about the goods they carry (which nevertheless are important). It's mostly about shopping experience. Same as the "copycat" IKEA stores in China, (which don't really carry any fake IKEA items,) they copy the model of good shopping experience. You can laugh and ridicule Apple and their "copycats" all you want, while watching their revenue rise. Mark my words: soon there will be such shops near your home, because that's the future.

drwho1

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
Same way that you can open a hamburger store but you can't call them "whoppers" or "big macs" unless you pay "The King" or "The Clown" for the rights to use their names and their crapburguers.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
[citation][nom]gokanis[/nom]They are not entitled to use the logo, that is the problem. They are not an athorized Apple store. Kinda funny Apple got the Chinese police off their butts, when they ignore all the other countries talking to them. I guess capitalism is taking over....[/citation]

Simple bribery. The stores were known about and the Chinese actually have police that go store to store every so often checking business licenses and to make sure they are legit. However these cops are easily bribed and if not the ones checking the store you better believe the higher ups are. Apple obviously offered more money. If you think American corruption is bad China is much worse.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]sykozis[/nom]Selling the products doesn't give you any rights to use the company's trademarks. In the case of these stores, they were never authorized to sell Apple products to begin with.[/citation]

you just described something really sick there.

so i own a store.
i want to stock it with products

i have to go to every company individual and get their permission to sell their products.
or hell... to even advertise that we have the products and are selling them i need written consent?

i think i just died a bit more inside thinking of how stupid the world has become
first chance i get, i'm getting off earth.

vant

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
1. They were impersonating an Apple Store.

So I can go to BestBuy, buy a bunch of Sony computers, create a fake Sony store and profit? Seriously, the amount of common sense needed isn't that much to figure this one out.

2. Of course you need permission to sell another's work. Are you telling me that an adult film store can also be a distributer for Disney movies? What kind of negative image does that promote?

3. You can get off earth now if you think hard enough. An hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.