China's Green Dam Close to Tumbling Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

dasper

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
Bizarre turn of events after all the fuss and money that seemed to have gone into development. One of my favorite quotes is actually related to censorship from John Denver against parental advisory stickers saying "That which is most denied becomes that which is most desired." I wonder if in the process of trying to censor more of its citizens it sparked more to find objectionable content than before...

G

It was probably just a front for corruption and kickbacks, an easy way to get some money for a worthless product and try to make some people look like they care about society in the process.

WarraWarra

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2007
LOL that is why I always, since my Apple days first format then install what I want and need to get rid of Apple spyware and bloatware from a new piece of hardware.

Maybe they "the end users" should if possible buy a pc then format then install what operating system they want on there that is Vista /Win7 spy-ware free and Green dam free.

WarraWarra

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2007
Green Dam Real dam ?

With this "womens logic" heading for this topic I also thought how can China build water retaining dams that would fall down, only in the western world we cut corners and use shoddy materials / "Apple iPhone 4" products.

Maybe the heading should have been:

"China's Green Dam censorship (project or software) Close to Tumbling Down"

Man I should have been a mind reader so I could read "5:20 PM - July 13, 2010 - By Kevin Parrish - Source : Tom's Guide US" 's mind .

Status
Not open for further replies.