Chinese Couple Sell Baby to Buy Cell Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

logitic

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009
Didn't I see this story on Law and Order like 7 years ago. And it was despicable on fictional terms. For it to happen in reality just leaves me boggled...

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
Um, this is yesterday's news.
Also it's missing something. The couple wants the baby back but the one who bought it puts $1m+ price tag on the baby.

jerther

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
The more I read about people in China on this news site, the more I think chinese people are just objects that you can leave behind in a bus without remorse.

I can't believe that image of china. I'd like to read some good news about china too! I mean, overall it can't be that bad, right?

o0RaidR0o

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2006
After years of living in a repressed society, that controls just about every aspect of your life you become robotic, detached from reality and without hope. I pray for them!

G

Different world man. I don't think any of us can really comprehend it fully. Not to condone the activity, but when's the last time you heard about someone leaving a baby in a dumpster here in the US? And for every time you've heard about it you can bet there are 10 more that you didn't.

People do some effed up things to kids.

matt_d

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2009
Have you ever eaten chinese food? If their economy and values are anything like the foos we get then they can have em....I'm still getting the aftermath of the food I had 2 days ago. P.S. The fork is way easier than two sticks...we should send them some.

Hanin33

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
i like how some of those making comments look down at the chinese all the while forgetting that teen girls in the US simply leave their children in dumpsters... at least the chinese get some value out of it! ;)

waikano

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2008
"The China Global Times reports police are investigating whether anyone should be held criminally responsible."

Does China not have trafficking in persons laws? Anyway not that terrible things like this are only found in China, just sad.

groveborn

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2008
**That is one of the most terrible things I have ever heard, what is the world coming too?**

People have been selling other people since they figured out that you can. It's LESS common now, and thus the world is not as bad as it was.

jerther

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
[citation][nom]deejor[/nom]Different world man. I don't think any of us can really comprehend it fully. Not to condone the activity, but when's the last time you heard about someone leaving a baby in a dumpster here in the US? And for every time you've heard about it you can bet there are 10 more that you didn't.People do some effed up things to kids.[/citation]

Yeah, I know news are news, you can't have an actual picture of a society by looking at their news. But personaly that's the only thing I have...

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
LOL, I love how stupid people are the same the world over.

They read a baby selling story in China and they think all Chinese sell their babies. They read a wife beating story in Ireland and they think all Irish beat their wife. They read a man, machine love story in Japan and think all Japanese are electrophile and all British bas bad teeth.

BTW, I also love how stupid online reporters are the same the world over. They all work for tabloid without knowing it.

beachape

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
Do people not realizes that thousands of women and children are trafficked every day? They are sold into slavery and prostitution. Also in the US babies are thrown in dumpsters. This isn't an "us and them" issue.

Socnom

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2008
I detect a Marketing exploit. "So good, you'd sell your first born for it!"

I guess the Apple Tax has gotten so high due to inflation that the "Arm & Leg" are no good anymore.

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
I don't see how this is worse than aborting a baby. At least the baby gets to live in this situation.

really a cell phone??? people don't have any business having children when they don't have jobs and can't afford a cell phone...

Status
Not open for further replies.