Chinese Upset Over WoW Ban; Google Leaving, OK

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyLucky

Distinguished
May 30, 2007
Hmmmm....it would appear some Chinese prefer having WOW instead of Google. Do you think the advertising gurus will try an make something of it?

audioee

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2007
Great Firewall of China

Can you see it from space? Is it made of stone and the bodies of the people that built it?

This also gives me the image of the actual Great Wall of China on fire.

graymen

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
I played WoW in China as recently as August 2009 on a business trip. WoW being banned in China is news to me? btw, the great firewall of china is real but also has a lot of holes in it. Oh yeah, and facebook IS blocked in China... that was probably the biggest bummer.

aethm

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
It doesn't really surprise me. I don't play WoW, But if google disappeared I wouldn't be that upset either. There are plenty of other choices that "almost" as good.

godwhomismike

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
[citation][nom]micky_lund[/nom]who cares about WoW tho?[/citation]
Eh, it's more about stupid censorship, and trying to close down any means of free communication that the government can't regulate 24/7.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
" the search giant's threat to pull out of China over censorship has drawn virtually no reaction from the people"

yeah, no doubt because any news they got on the issue was censored...

G

I think they would be more upset if Google started removing chinese domains from their index.

Status
Not open for further replies.