choosing a laptop

jubih

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014
So i've been searching for a laptop for quite some time now. I already have a pc rig for games and all that, but im looking for a laptop so i can use it around the house, at the beach, and just bring it places. PORTABILITY IS NOT A CRITERIA. all i mean is it needs to have the ability to be carrried around. Right now im really looking at 2 laptops but i cant decide on which one.

Choice 1 - MacBook Air 13.3 model(i believe this is the mid june model if im not mistaking)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/apple-macbook-air-13-3-display-4gb-memory-128gb-flash-storage/6238297.p?id=1218721416338&skuId=6238297#tabbed-customerreviews

choice 2 - MSI gp60 leopard -010
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152570

So i've never had a mac before and it's something i've always wanted to experiment with, but i've never actually used a 2013 one. All i need is something that is quick, and had a great screen so i can watch videos. i don't do much gaming. The only gaming i do is runescape which is very very very light. I have my rig as i said before and it had 2 760's in it so i think it's okay to handle the hardcore gaming. The reason i have the msi gp60 is because it's built super nice. I like the steel series keyboard and that's what draws me in, plus the price is 50 dollars less. The 1920x 1080 display is also an up and the fact that is has a dedi card for graphics is nice as well, but peformance wise(speed) which is faster. which will load up chrome faster, which will allow me to watch videos faster. That's all i really want and i want to be using this for a few years and maybe a bit into college.

if you have any other reccomendations on laptops be sure to place them below.

1. What is your budget?
500-900
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
doesnt matter
3. What screen resolution do you want?
if it's not a mac that 1920x1080 preferably
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
portable
5. How much battery life do you need?
enough
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
not really and at low
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
video watching, homework, browsing
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
not an issue
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
newegg. really doesnt matter though
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
3 years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
dont really know
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
not a big hp or dell guy
13. What country do you live in?
usa baby
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
all information is found above
I hope this can help people find their ideal notebook.