Chrome 10 Beta Released, Mozilla Talks Beta 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

matchboxmatt

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2009
Wait, Chrome 10? I didn't even realize we were at 9 yet.

Every time I look at what version of Google Chrome I have, it's like a surprise. They fly through those numbers like nothing.

maddad

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
I'm using Firefox and loading times from this website are fine, weird that you are having a problem. I am not using Firefox 4 beta though.

gurboura

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2010
Captain, I don't know what your talking about. Loading times for me on Firefox 4b11 is just fine, Opera is slower on my machine.

I'm getting sick of all these betas though. First they said there will be no beta 13, they'll keep it in beta 12 until all betaN blockers are fixed, now it's "Oh, well, we'll have a beta 13."

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
Firefox is still great due to Tab Candy (best feature ever). They FINALLY got with the times and removed the stupid useless title bar like opera and chrome. Unfortunately, it feels less stable and polished...

Not to mention, the CTRL+SPACE hotkey for tab candy disappeared, and the devs don't seem to even notice. Cuts down workflow having to click the little button every time.

Opera, IMO has been at the top lately. I like chrome for it's minimalistic approach, however, I do miss tab grouping when I switch to it.

Keep in mind, I routinely use all three browsers in my every day browsing. I have at least 10 tabs going in each, and it helps me differentiate between research, fun, and work having separate browsers for each thing. Too bad you can't just save sessions for browsers, it's annoying to have to load tabs you don't even intend to work with.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
[citation][nom]matchboxmatt[/nom]Wait, Chrome 10? I didn't even realize we were at 9 yet.Every time I look at what version of Google Chrome I have, it's like a surprise. They fly through those numbers like nothing.[/citation]

Yeah, chrome hasn't really changed enough to denote 10 full version numbers. They probably could have gotten away with version 1.10 since it's hardly a complete redesign from the first chrome.

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
These number games are just getting ridiculous from both Google and their Chrome and Mozilla with their FF betas. At this rate FF 4.0 is going to be the Duke Nukem Forever of browsers. Come out last, cost a fortune to develop, and most likely flop hence probably why they're prepping FF 5.0 for a near immediate release months after 4.0's release. Chrome is doing it even more disturbingly so playing the propaganda numbers card. With less than 2 years on the market going from 1.0 to 10.0 gives the illusion that like Opera, they've been around for over a decade because people usually see 1.0 increases in marketing each year. It's a dirty shame how low this browser war is going this time around compared to Netscape vs Internet Explorer.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
Couldn't care less about Javascript engine race. Is someone using his browser for media encoding, or something?

End of internet exploder dominance, adoption of HTML5 (even though it's still a never ending draft, sigh) and in general rapid development of browsers is very exciting news.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]bison88[/nom]These number games are just getting ridiculous from both Google and their Chrome and Mozilla with their FF betas. At this rate FF 4.0 is going to be the Duke Nukem Forever of browsers. Come out last, cost a fortune to develop, and most likely flop hence probably why they're prepping FF 5.0 for a near immediate release months after 4.0's release. Chrome is doing it even more disturbingly so playing the propaganda numbers card. With less than 2 years on the market going from 1.0 to 10.0 gives the illusion that like Opera, they've been around for over a decade because people usually see 1.0 increases in marketing each year. It's a dirty shame how low this browser war is going this time around compared to Netscape vs Internet Explorer.[/citation]
I don't think most people really care what version number their browser is using. As long as I get continued upgrades / features / performance improvements, then I don't care if they make a new version every day.

G

@pocketdrummer:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/session-manager/

G

I have Chrome 11 Beta now. Is this article old? By the way, nothing can compare to Chrome Browser in the browser war as of today 2/22/11. It's super fast. I feel like I m driving in the HOV lane for free.

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
Using 4.0b12pre now, but I jumped on the bandwagon with the 4.0b1 nightly. I forget it's a beta most of the time. Since it was first re;eased, I've had a few Adobe Flash issues, and I still get the occasional one now. Once every couple weeks I have to switch to Internet Explorer for a bit.

My only issue actually is that the Mozilla team seems to have decided to get rid of of the userChrome.css, and now I have to learn to how to re-modify it all over again.

nomnom9608

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011
[citation][nom]maddad[/nom]I'm using Firefox and loading times from this website are fine, weird that you are having a problem. I am not using Firefox 4 beta though.[/citation]

yeah they pop them out almost everyday now, otherwise I'm pretty happy with Firefox 4 b11 thanks

amk09

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
[citation][nom]pocketdrummer[/nom]...Not to mention, the CTRL+SPACE hotkey for tab candy disappeared, and the devs don't seem to even notice. Cuts down workflow having to click the little button every time.[/citation]

What you really meant to say was that "it pisses me off because im too lazy to move my mouse a 1/4'' and click."

G

I have been using FF4 b11 for the last one week - it has been working smoothly ... no complains like memory or CPU hogging like the older versions ...at least till now

Status
Not open for further replies.