Chrome Acting Up

Matty89UK

Estimable
Sep 19, 2015
Hi all. New here so apologies if I tred on any toes.

I really need some help with Chrome. I'll explain what's going on in as much detail as I can, as it's quite odd.

Okay, so a couple of weeks ago, it started. Anti virus was normal, AVG, all up to date etc.

Then all of a sudden, when I click links, in google, Facebook, where ever, it opens up a new tab with a random advert in it, such as "Call now to secure your PC", or my favorite, "iPhone six for £1!".

This bit sounds odd, but it's almost as if I have a virus that has taken control of my Chrome.

First thing I noticed that was weird, I have Chrome on the task bar, along the bottom (WIndows 8.1) - when I used to launch it, the square would become white, but now, it doesn't, it adds another icon to the task bar when Chrome is open.

And the last weird thing. Everytime I add AdBlocker to my Chrome, I launch Chrome again later on, and it's gone! :/ Seems something is removing it!

I know this information is very loose, but it's the best I can describe it really :/ Was just hoping someone out there knows what's going on or has had this before!

tested E-Internet explorer and that's fine.
I have also run about 20 different scans, which do pickup malware.

I want to save my Chrome! haha.

Thanks! :) Matt