Chrome Hits 20-Percent Market Share

Status
Not open for further replies.

landerx74

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
"Chrome has a strong position in South America where Chrome 11 is at 22.6%. In Argentina and Ecuador, for example, Chrome 11 holds more than 25% and is less than 3 points away from surpassing IE8 as the dominant browser in those regions."

Haha! I love it! It's like comparing Chrome to a David Hasselhoff. He is big in Germany and the Netherlands. hahaha!!

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Easy to get marketshare when incessant and in-your-face advertising is everywhere related to Google sites and even beyond. Heck, marketing is Google's strong point.

Meanwhile, it's still hip to knock Microsoft, sadly.

weefatbob

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2009
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]Chrome sucks...end of story.[/citation]
What an amazing argument to back up your claims, that is it, I am convinced......NOT!! another asshole with no clue about anything, when school finishes sonny, go out and play and leave the adults in peace ok!

Pherule

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2010
I must say, the slowest version of ANY browser I have ever used was Chrome version 9. Seriously, it would hang for like 2 - 3 seconds each time I switched tabs, and whilst switching between various input areas in a single tab would even lag horribly. The original Chromes (version 1 - 3) were much faster; I sure hope version 10 is faster than version 9. Anyhow, I've gone back to Firefox and Opera, though obviously Opera is decidedly faster. I've had noticeable lag in FF4 several times already.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
Chrome launch fast, opens pages fast enough also, and can handle good usage. What I don't like about Chrome is lack of customization options. That's a good thing for those people who otherwise would have 7-8 toolbars in their browser and no idea how they got there. I have Chrome and use it from time to time for a quick browsing.
Opera has all the customization options I like, launches slow, but opens pages really fast and with really small CPU usage. But handles scripts and even page appearance in an unsatisfactory manner. I have Opera, and use it often for Tom's Hardware, especially when getting multiple tabs, but rarely for anything else.
Internet Explorer hangs at version 6 for the fun of browsing through Windows Explorer, and extreme rare cases of compatibility.
Firefox rests as my main browser, but only because I am unsatisfied with Opera compatibility and Chrome lack of customizations.

jednx01

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
I like chrome quite a bit. In my experience, its one of the fastest and easiest to use browsers that I've ever used. Internet explorer has never been that great imo. Once I switched to chrome, I never saw the point of switching back...

mihaimm

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2009
The only bad point for Chrome is it's poor integration with Ubuntu's Unity ('cause the menu is hidden under that icon at the right). Once that's solved it (well... actually Chromium) might make it as the primary browser on my system.

Zingam

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
[citation][nom]mihaimm[/nom]The only bad point for Chrome is it's poor integration with Ubuntu's Unity ('cause the menu is hidden under that icon at the right). Once that's solved it (well... actually Chromium) might make it as the primary browser on my system.[/citation]

Full screen flash video in Chrome under Ubuntu is a disaster. I have mobility HD 5470. The firefox flash is a bit more stable but it still sux. I have to ctrl+alt+F1 crt+alt+F9 to get out of full screen flash video quite often.

I really wish they fix Ubuntu so that I can ditch Windows.

ikefu

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
With Firefox 4 it became so close to Chrome in speed that speed became a non-factor for me. I stick with Firefox 4 because I like the customization options available to me and I seem to have less page compatibility issues.

I also like supporting Mozilla because even though Google is a good company, they're still massive and Mozilla is the smaller underdog now.

decrypted

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
I like Chrome, mainly because it doesn't fill up a third of my screen with useless items. I have used other browsers (still have IE8 installed), but for the most part I don't use any of their functions, just use it to get online and jump to other sites.

Wamphryi

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2010
I'm using Chrome and have been for quite some time now. What I like the best about it is that when I put up a search query in the address / search bar it just about always finds the website I want straight away. The conclusion I have reached is that Chrome is a master of searching and pointing the user in the most relevant direction. To me that is one of the most important features of a browser.

Rab1d-BDGR

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2009
Shame that this isn't by eating the market share *still* occupied by IE6. I still have to use IE6 on a far-too-regular basis because so many institutions won't upgrade! Please will someone kill it off for good now?

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]Chrome sucks...end of story.[/citation]
You have already proclaimed yourself a M$ fangirl endless times on here...we get it. Oh...and end of story.

verbalizer

Distinguished
May 28, 2010
everyone is bashing the "chrome sucks" comment, I guess because of the comment itself does indeed suck. but the moral to the story here is, CHROME SUX...
it just does.
FF4 and Opera are 1 and 2 in my book..

ThisIsMe

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
[citation][nom]Zingam[/nom]I really wish they fix Ubuntu so that I can ditch Windows.[/citation]
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHaHaHaHahahahahaHahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaa.....

whewwww....

OK, that is one of the funniest things I've ever read.

\sarcasm /start -noforce -brutalextreme

Gee I really wish they'd fix that sorta-broken semi-functional free OS so I can ditch my relatively completely functional OS that I had to pay a small fee for as well. I mean, come on! It makes perfect sense. I cannot believe Microsoft has the nerve to charge ~$80 for Windows 7! That is just insane! ~$80!!!! That's about half my cell phone bill that I have to pay again and again every month!

/end

Status
Not open for further replies.