News Chrome just got the biggest speed boost in years — and you can try it now

May 2, 2021
I ditched Chrome a while back in favor of Firefox, cause I read up on its privacy benefits, but I gotta say, whenever I have to fire up Chrome, either for work or because Firefox addons break a site, it does strike me just how fast it is. The launch is nearly instantaneous, the loading times quick as a fox (pun unintended.)

Yazzoo7

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2017
I ditched Chrome a while back in favor of Firefox, cause I read up on its privacy benefits, but I gotta say, whenever I have to fire up Chrome, either for work or because Firefox addons break a site, it does strike me just how fast it is. The launch is nearly instantaneous, the loading times quick as a fox (pun unintended.)
I, too, ditched Chrome for Firefox, years ago. Until Chrome listens to its users and comes up with a way to open links and search results in a new, focused tab without having to install an addon or having to use additional keystrokes, Firefox will be my browser of choice. I also like that I am able to tweak Firefox to perform in a manner that best suits my browsing needs.

With regard to Chrome launching quickly, that may be because you have it always running in the background. Check your system tray. You may see a Chrome icon there, even though you don't actually have Chrome open.