chrome keeps downloading index.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 13, 2018
chrome keeps downloading this file every time i go to a website. doesn't matter what website it always downloads it. how do i stop it?

Solution

Well, it could be an Apache bug/problem, but not really if it happens on EVERY website... Have you tried clearing out your cache?

I did some digging, there are multiple possibilities. It could be an AV problem as here (sorry for the formatting):
..............My Anti Virus was Modifying the head files from the web server, FF and Chrome then are unsure about the file and prompt to downlaod it. (This is why the results where so unexpected between different browsers)
The AntiVirus i use is Eset (Nod32) After testing i have seen this also happen on KasperskyAdding an Exlusion to...
Mar 22, 2018

What OS are you running? And what do you mean chrome downloads it? As in, instead of displaying a page, it downloads this file? Does it display the page AND download the file? Where is it saved?

Feb 13, 2018

OS is windows 7. and chrome displays web pages perfectly fine as well as downloads the file. The file is saved in my downloads folder like everything else.

Mar 22, 2018

Well, it could be an Apache bug/problem, but not really if it happens on EVERY website... Have you tried clearing out your cache?

I did some digging, there are multiple possibilities. It could be an AV problem as here (sorry for the formatting):
..............My Anti Virus was Modifying the head files from the web server, FF and Chrome then are unsure about the file and prompt to downlaod it. (This is why the results where so unexpected between different browsers)
The AntiVirus i use is Eset (Nod32) After testing i have seen this also happen on KasperskyAdding an Exlusion to the Web Safeguard / scanning fixed the issue (I was able to replicate the issue on Facebook after a Heavy load of refreshes on the website).............

It could be adblocker. Could be you accidentally set an automatic action on browser...

I guess clearing the cache and re-installing/resetting Chrome would be the first/fastest 2 options. If that doesn't work, you might wanna try another browser. I believe AV interaction checking is the most time consuming.

Hope it helps.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.