Chrome Opening Tabs Ranodmly

Bron Williams

Commendable
Oct 15, 2016
I'll just be browsing normal, click on a link, and it'll open a random tab with obvious Malware. I checked my chrome extensions, everything was normal, and the problem continued. I scanned my computer with Malwarebytes, and the problem continued. What other options do I have?

Solution
Not to sound snarky, but I'd ditch Chrome. It's not allowed where I work due to being a potential security risk (although they're currently reviewing a Chrome for Business version that turns off the telemetry and tracking), and that has always been good enough for me. I use Firefox (which is allowed at work) with NoScript and AdBlock+ and/or UBlock Origin. NoScript needs to be trained, but works well. Many other useful extensions are available. Another favorite is Lazarus, which recovers form data.

Onus

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
I would also scan with Roguekiller, available from adlice.com. The last time I had an infection, MalwareBytes Premium knew I had it (and blocked its communication attempts), but could not find or remove it. Roguekiller found and wiped it out.

Bron Williams

Commendable
Oct 15, 2016

I Just scanned my computer with Rouge killer, I'll update on how it works in a bit.

EDIT: The Problem is Continuing, what should my next course of action be?

Onus

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
Not to sound snarky, but I'd ditch Chrome. It's not allowed where I work due to being a potential security risk (although they're currently reviewing a Chrome for Business version that turns off the telemetry and tracking), and that has always been good enough for me. I use Firefox (which is allowed at work) with NoScript and AdBlock+ and/or UBlock Origin. NoScript needs to be trained, but works well. Many other useful extensions are available. Another favorite is Lazarus, which recovers form data.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS