Solved! Chrome suddenly stopped popping up

Feb 11, 2021
I had this computer for a few months and suddenly chrome stopping popping up from my screen. I see it on the taskbar but when clicking on it I get nothing. All my other tabs like Steam, Discord, or Microsoft Edge opens up but not chrome.

What do I do to solve this issue? Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but nothing works.

Solution
Yeah it runs but it doesn't pop up on my actual screen, I see it running on my taskbar. I do not have any secondary screen but I went on settings and there is " screen 1 " and " screen 2 " showing but I dont even have a second monitor. Also for the virus scan, all I got is the WindowsProtection which already came on the PC

What is very likely happening is that at some point the computer thought there was a second screen, and your Chrome window is actually running but open on that second screen. While you can't see it, the computer thinks it's there and sent the application to open on it. Move the mouse to the edge of the screen and look for a sliver of a program window that may be showing there. You may be able to grab it...
Feb 11, 2021
So chrome is running but just minimizes automatically? Do you have more than one screen or did have more than one screen? Did you do a virus scan with something like Malwarebytes?
Yeah it runs but it doesn't pop up on my actual screen, I see it running on my taskbar. I do not have any secondary screen but I went on settings and there is " screen 1 " and " screen 2 " showing but I dont even have a second monitor. Also for the virus scan, all I got is the WindowsProtection which already came on the PC

What is very likely happening is that at some point the computer thought there was a second screen, and your Chrome window is actually running but open on that second screen. While you can't see it, the computer thinks it's there and sent the application to open on it. Move the mouse to the edge of the screen and look for a sliver of a program window that may be showing there. You may be able to grab it and drag it over to the actual visible screen, then maximize the windows and it should save the location.

Another option is to disable that second screen, or set it to display the same thing on both then disable the second one. Just make sure you do an identify screen so you don't disable the wrong one.

There are some registry keys you can delete to clear the screen settings but no need to mess with that yet since editing the registry can cause issues.

Solution
Might be an easier way to deal with that. Hit Alt-Tab and see if a Chrome window appears. If it does, hit Alt-Tab until it is selected and release it. Now hit Alt-Spacebar and select Move. If Chrome is on a phantom screen, you will be able to move it back to your main screen with the arrow keys.

You might also consider installing Firefox. Google tracks everything you do, you know. DuckDuckGo is also a great non-tracking search engine.