News Chrome vs. Firefox vs. Microsoft Edge: Which browser gobbles up the most RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 14, 2021
Ahhhhahaha, yeah I'll just stick to Opera, thank you. People still use Firefox even though it's as bad as Internet Explorer circa 1995 nowadays? Wow.

kep55

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Ever use the Three Finger Salute and see many instances of each are running? The last I checked, Chrome had around 15, Edge about the same and Firefox 6. I killed the smaller instances and all three kept chugging along.

Jul 18, 2022
Ahhhhahaha, yeah I'll just stick to Opera, thank you. People still use Firefox even though it's as bad as Internet Explorer circa 1995 nowadays? Wow.

Firefox is NOT a bad browser at all.
It is web standards-compliant, actively developed, and open. So, IE and Firefox are two very different things.
Firefox also cares about our privacy very much.
Unlike IE, Firefox doesn't have its own closed, security-vulnerable implementation.
And the lack of Big Tech ties also makes Firefox more reliable.
Mozilla is a non-profit organization that cares about its users and keeps the Internet healthy.
Light weight is important, of course, but I think the value of a browser is measured not only by memory consumption, but also by factors such as privacy, security and transparency.
I can't understand why you said such a wrong thing by any means.
Please tell e the reason if you have it.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpitFire-566
Status
Not open for further replies.