Chromebook HP charger won't charge and charge light does not come on

Apr 5, 2018
I have had a Chromebook HP-q070nr for several years. Now the battery is running low but the cord charger won't charge it up. I also tried using a spare battery charger and plugging it in the Chromebook with a USB port. Nothing.
I have unplugged and replugged but that does nothing.
Is it a dead battery that needs replacement or a port that has gone bad? How can I tell?
Should I just buy a new Chromebook?

Solution
If the power cord will run the laptop, but not charge the battery at all (no matter if it is turned on or off) then the battery is the issue.

However, if it will charge when the laptop is turned off, just not when turned on, then the charger is the likely issue.

Were it the port where the charger connects, then it would likely not allow the laptop to run while on the charger either.
If the power cord will run the laptop, but not charge the battery at all (no matter if it is turned on or off) then the battery is the issue.

However, if it will charge when the laptop is turned off, just not when turned on, then the charger is the likely issue.

Were it the port where the charger connects, then it would likely not allow the laptop to run while on the charger either.

Solution