Question Chromebook or laptop for remote learning this year (elementary school)

Jun 13, 2021
I am going to need at least one (maybe two) more computers for my kids to do online school this year. One is in 5th grade so I would at least like to get one for her and the other is in first grade so she could use one of my other ones but I may end up getting two. I am trying to decide if I should get another laptop (not too expensive, in the $500-600 range) or if I should just get a Chromebook (or maybe even 2). Everything is web-based as far as I know and I do have an Office subscription for the family so I think that would work with either the web office or even the app. If I just got a $300 Chromebook, is that going to be good? With something that inexpensive, I wouldn't have to worry about her keeping it in her room all the time or anything. What do you guys think? I have no experience with Chromebooks.

Last edited:

hang-the-9

Titan
A Chromebook is fine for school use, many schools use the Google platform for documents and file sharing anyway. We have many computers and my daughter loves her chrombook, a used Samsung that converts to tablet mode. If you can find some in your area, Samsung Chromebook Plus or Pro or the ASUS Chromebook Flip are very good devices and you can find them used in the $300 or less range easily.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Laptop General Discussion 1
Graybush Laptop General Discussion 1
M Laptop General Discussion 4
S Laptop General Discussion 5
A Laptop General Discussion 6
K Laptop General Discussion 3
T Laptop General Discussion 6
AssumingUnicorn Laptop General Discussion 3
C Laptop General Discussion 12
P Laptop General Discussion 8
Snagged Laptop General Discussion 1