Chromecast vs Fire TV Stick vs Roku Stick: Face-Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarolle

Commendable
Feb 24, 2016
It looks like the chart at the bottom of the article that shows the scores of each device doesn't correspond to the category winners in the article.

Taka__

Commendable
Mar 1, 2016
I prefer Fire Stick, and stopped using Chromcast 2, not sure where this guy came from, but Fire Stick is much much better and has much more content, and can run everything chromcast can and them some

David_341

Commendable
Jun 8, 2016
Not a bad article, some good analysis in there, but when it comes down to it, design, setup, cost, and navigation aren't really important, content is.

I'm a huge fan of Chromecast because it leverages the interfaces of the individual apps (HBOGo, Netflix, etc.), and that is genius. Those apps remember what you're watching, where you are in episodes, etc., whereas the Fire Stick does not 'talk' to the Amazon Video app at all.. it's clueless that I'm 21:43 into S3:E4 on the app, which is massively frustrating. My Fire Stick doesn't even know that I'm watching show X. So when I want to transition from the Amazon app to Fire Stick, I have to start over, search to find the series, find the season, find the episode, and then FF to my spot. I have to repeat when I go back to the app.

But since Amazon are jerks, and don't allow casting to Chromecast from their app, what can I do? I bought a Fire Stick (yet another dongle), and begrudgingly use it for Amazon content only. I use Chromecast for everything else. Shame on you Amazon, I love so many things about you, but I curse you for this.

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
the newest fire stick that just came out is a lot better than the first ones. still love my roku sticks but i will give em props for making it a lot easier to use. interface is a lot nicer and easier to find my non amazon stuff.

got one free with new directv now service. jumped on their $35 special. no roku or PS/Xbox support yet for it so have to use the fire stick. kids got an apple tv they got for free on their TV so they get directv now on that. but had to put up my roku for now until they add roku support. hopefully soon, VERY soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.