Chrono Trigger Out Now on Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

lpedraja2002

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
Chrono Trigger is not an Arcade game its a SNES game. Still, one of the best RPG's I ever played, but I don't think I could stand to play it with a touchpad and on such a small screen, the game is very long and I'll probably loose interest before finishing it due to those limitations.

dauntekong

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
This game brings me back into the days.... I've got all lvl ** and all 16 endings... (No Cheats) Wish they remake this along with FF7 into all out 3D.

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
[citation][nom]dauntekong[/nom]This game brings me back into the days.... I've got all lvl ** and all 16 endings... (No Cheats) Wish they remake this along with FF7 into all out 3D.[/citation]

I really hope they don't. They already remade CT and the DS port butchered the script. Square is not what it used to be. The old hats that made their classics left for other companies like Mistwalker. The new guys don't have the love and dedication the old guys used to. Get the dev's ending of Chrono Trigger, it was a small team and they all worked hard to give the game the best possible product. The game was silly at times, but heartbreaking at others. The music gave the right feel for the moment with every track. The visuals are outdated by modern standards but still convey the same awe because they were that well framed. If they remade the visuals, they would ruin all the shots and make it look like every other game out these days. Square doesn't know how to make games like Chrono Trigger or Secret of Mana anymore.

IndignantSkeptic

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
[citation][nom]abbadon_34[/nom]one word - MAME (M.A.M.E.)[/citation]

I think you mean bsnes now known as higan. Maybe it's a good sign that you don't know what you are talking about here. Unofficial emulation doesn't get as much sympathy as it used to thanks to companies finally rereleasing old games. I suppose the only good thing about unofficial emulation left is to expose the console makers as jerks for not emulating older generation 3d games in higher resolution since unofficial emulators are proving that this is technically possible.

G

SquareEnix shat down the Chrono Trigger Resurrection fan remake. They do not deserve a single cent for these portings.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
Well, I guess it's a little late for this because I just beat a SNES emulated version for the second time in my phone. This game actually see worth the $10,doesn't matter if it's expensive compared to other games.

gilgamex

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2010
Man, I can remember when I first played chrono cross. I always had a sega genesis and never a snes so I played by way of an emulator some years later. I saw some of the top SNES ROM's listed on a site, gave Chrono Trigger a shot. It was a sweltering summer's eve and the birds were chirping happily as I loaded up Chrono Trigger. I had no idea what to expect. Then I started playing, not sure what was even going on, a novel IP, made by square? Changed my life, I swear it changed my life, the branching paths, how choices affected your future, It blew me away. Fantastic, PORT IT FOREVER DAMNIT, MAKE SURE THE NEW GENERATION KNOWS OF THIS MASTERPEICE I SAY!

gilgamex

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2010
Chrono Trigger! [citation][nom]gilgamex[/nom]Man, I can remember when I first played chrono cross. I always had a sega genesis and never a snes so I played by way of an emulator some years later. I saw some of the top SNES ROM's listed on a site, gave Chrono Trigger a shot. It was a sweltering summer's eve and the birds were chirping happily as I loaded up Chrono Trigger. I had no idea what to expect. Then I started playing, not sure what was even going on, a novel IP, made by square? Changed my life, I swear it changed my life, the branching paths, how choices affected your future, It blew me away. Fantastic, PORT IT FOREVER DAMNIT, MAKE SURE THE NEW GENERATION KNOWS OF THIS MASTERPEICE I SAY![/citation]

Chrono Trigger!!!!! >.< DAMN!

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Shamshir[/nom]SquareEnix shat down the Chrono Trigger Resurrection fan remake. They do not deserve a single cent for these portings.[/citation]

look at how far they got... i would have personally released all assets for the game, in non put together ways.

like releasing the 3d models, engine and everything else, in a way that square couldnt touch you.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Still my favourite RPG of all time. Sure Secret of Mana and FF7 were great too, but nothing was as awesome as Chrono Trigger. Not sure how fun it would be on a handheld device, but I've beat it plenty of times on my laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS