chronos series 7 laptop out of memory error

Kathy Perry

Estimable
Jun 4, 2014
My Chronos Series 7 Laptop bought a year ago has had a problem for a long while where it will sit there with nothing running on it but the basics. in fact there is maybe 2 or 3 programs that I installed on the machine and nothing more. If it sits running for a time and the time varies from hours to days it will have a out of memory error when I get back to it.

I paid for the best buy warrantee so I returned it to them/ they checked the memory and replaced the mother board (supposedly) and sent it back. Its been under a week and I am still getting the error.

Does anyone have any suggestions on this?

maxwellmelon

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013
push ctr-alt-del and start windows task manager. go to processes tab then select the memory to sort it from high to low. look at the highest items on the list and look for one with the amount of memory being used going up constantly. if you don't see anything slowly using more and more memory wait till computer says its out of memory and try to look at it again. what item is using all your memory

Kathy Perry

Estimable
Jun 4, 2014
I found an answer that worked for me online

You need to stop IntelliMemory from running

1. Run services,msc
2. Locate "IntelliMemory"
3. Right Click -> Properties
4. Startup Type -> Disabled
5. Click stop
6. Click ok
7. Reboot

IntelliMemory is a program Samsung installed by default on windows 8 machines. From what I understand it causes big problems with slow memory and out of memory errors.