Citrix Web Interface Reporting on Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjmcdonagh1

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2013
Hello,

We use Citrix Web Interface for staff to work out of the office. We use old Secure Computing SafeWord fob/tag things for authentication. We are looking at moving on to a new method of authentication later on in the financial year but for now this is what we're stuck with. We now have more staff than we have fobs which is problematic as i'm sure you can imagine. We can't get more tags as they are no longer produced.

There are a couple of users who I reckon don't really use Citrix, but kick up a fuss when we suggest taking their fob away from them claiming they use it all the time...

Is there anyway which I can check how often, or at least the last time each user has logged in?

We have a CTX_CompanyName Database but I can't see any obvious tables where this kind of data would be stored.

If they really aren't using it they shouldn't have the fob as there are users who really need it who are currently without.

Any input would be much appreciated. If you need any more information i'll do my best to provide it.

Thanks,

Matt.

mjmcdonagh1

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2013
Hey,

I'm not sure if anyone else ever had this issue but I worked out a solution - it's not really reporting but it works for me.

If you open the "Access Gateway Administration Tool" (we have version 4.5) and go to the "Access Gateway Cluster" tab then open the "This Gateway" window. Go to the "logging/settings" tab and click on the "Show Log File" button. From the "Log Archive" section at the bottom of the window, you can select every days logs for about a month, and on the right hand side of this section you can filter by "users", not a specific user but all "users". If you hit refresh you should be able to see all users who have logged on (and off) and at what times on that day.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Matt.

Status
Not open for further replies.