City Suffers After It Vanishes From Google Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

halodude23

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2009
Hell Noo!! =D, It's pretty reliable, even though it's gonna dominate everything soon, Hope not, but it's bad either unless it turns into Apple

G

Google.... I love it. Maybe next time people wont be so quick to judge them with the services they put out.

I say more street view cars, more search options... less whiney users!

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
hmm... call me crazy but i think i've found the solution to the Israeli/Palestinian debacle...

...QUICK, GET ME THE PRESIDENT!

G

I still use phonebooks for local product and services. You can find much more what your community has than what google gives info as of today, at least for me anyway...

haunted one

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2009
Google's becoming very powerful. While I like their policies right now and support them, who knows how long that face will last? Once you have sufficient power, and the board of directions changes, you never know what'll happen.........

xantek24

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2009
google street view still shows my old car on my street that i had a year ago, how am i not going to miss the damn thing? :*(

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
This shows how much businesses rely on google earth and services like it. Small businesses cant afford advertising on a scale that a large business can offer, but through services like google earth, businesses get free advertising. People type in what they want and google can give them the location of a near by place that offers the services they want.

G

Last I checked, Google can't even list the locations of businesses correctly or even street numbers for that matter. In our town, they have some places as being in the middle of a river, nowhere near the businesses themselves and other businesses listed as being at the wrong end of the road they are on.

Those are just small errors on Google's part. I've tried notifying Google of local errors, trying to submit corrects and it's like no one there gives a hoot one way or the other. I've seen only a few of the corrects get implemented months later.

The easiest way to see what errors are present is to zoom in on a satellite map of an area that you are familiar with and see for yourself just where some of the oddball locations are marked.

Status
Not open for further replies.