Cleaning A Laptop With Alcohol

NotCoolBro

Commendable
Jan 7, 2017
So I Literally forgot that ethyl alcohol is VERY bad at cleaning laptops but its too late since I already cleaned it with that kind of alcohol but the good thing is that I only cleaned that outside of the laptop (Except Screen) like the keyboards, edges of the keys, touchpad, the 2 flat surface between the touchpad (The right one has stickers with it like Nvidia, Core i5, etc.) Is it ok because when i used it, its not purely cleaned like it didnt make reflections or shiny things just a small alcohol then it evaporated quickly. except for the edges of the keys it did shine but i tested it and it still works lol but im afraid about whats going to happen (Testing: `1234567890-=/*-+987456+
3210.QWERTYUIOP[]\';LKJHGFDSAzxcvbnm,./)

Solution
Used only once it should not have done any harm, just don't use it again for that purpose.

Just use a dry, clean microfibre cloth in future.

For the screen, buy a quality screen-cleaning fluid/spray, some cheap ones just smear the screen and you get nowhere fast.

To avoid risk of the cleaner fluid seeping through the bottom-edge of the screen bezel, spray it on to the supplied cloth instead of spraying directly on to the screen.
Used only once it should not have done any harm, just don't use it again for that purpose.

Just use a dry, clean microfibre cloth in future.

For the screen, buy a quality screen-cleaning fluid/spray, some cheap ones just smear the screen and you get nowhere fast.

To avoid risk of the cleaner fluid seeping through the bottom-edge of the screen bezel, spray it on to the supplied cloth instead of spraying directly on to the screen.

Solution