Clevo PA71HS-G VS Alienware 17 R4 for Gaming Laptop

dynedge

Prominent
Oct 20, 2017
I've been looking for a new 17in gaming laptop for a while now and I think I've finally decided that I want one with a 1070 in it. After doing some research I've come across two options that seem appealing while also not breaking the bank.

The first is the Alienware 17 R4. It's on sale at newegg right now for $1549. This is the cheapest option for me but I've read that temperatures and fan noise can be a real issue with this model.

The second is the Clevo PA71HS-G. I've found this at 2 sites: AVADirect and XOTICPC. This model would be about $100 more expensive but I've heard a lot of good things about Clevo.

I don't need a SSD since I already own a 256GB one I intend on using and I also consider 16GB of RAM necessary. I am willing to be a little bit flexible with the cost if it means getting a much higher quality laptop but would still like to keep it under $1750. I intend for this laptop to last me for about 4-5 years and will be used primarily for gaming and VR.

I was wondering if anyone has any opinions for either of these or possible suggestions that I may have overlooked?

Solution
Alienware 17 R4 is the best offer you can get check the below link to save a bit more.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0762J7WR1/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=

nabeelausa

Prominent
Dec 11, 2017
I have alienware 15r3 and the build quality is great and I feel like the costumer support will be better from dell rather the other. Both are good go for alienware it is a great quality laptop