Clevo vs asus

Micka9fr

Commendable
Oct 2, 2016
I m asking about choosing two laptop. My msi gt72 dragon édition is dead after one year... so I need to by another one. I m asking about waiting the Asus gx800vi (mono gtx1080 card) or buy a Clevo P870dm (dual gtx1080).

I have read the test of each laptop, even the asus is not release. They say that his 1080 is over clock at 2% to be égale to a desktop foundry edition and it s the same for the cpu 6820hk (3,9mhz).

The clevo has a 6700k and a sli. I m afraid that this powerfull laptop burn with his desktop power...

I m a gamer and I want a powerful laptop to play because I move a lot. But my experience with msi has cold me because his screen is burn....

I have a old Asus laptop with a gtx660 and a I m very satisfied by his solidity. I would like that the next laptop will be same because it will cost lot of money....

Best regards

PS sorry for my english I m French

Solution

my clevo when i had one about a year and a half ago ran cooler, than my friends asus with same hardware. And was also quieter. Frankly the battery in a clevo is huge way higher capacity than you get in asus and its replaceable can be popped right out as a module.
Bonjour mon ami! And welcome to the forums :)
Well, 2 1080's are definitely more powerful than 1 but SLI doesn't always scale very well in all games, also it produces a lot more heat(specially in a laptop) and less battery life too.
A single 1080 can perform every game perfectly fine on very high/ultra settings,also the ASUS model runs cooler,quieter and has better battery life as well

Micka9fr

Commendable
Oct 2, 2016

I See... but what do you mean about "SLI doesn't always scale very well in all games" ?

My Desktop is a 2600k + gtx980TI, and I would like find egal or better performance for my next laptop (and if possible a laptop not depressied quickly).

Purpletalon55

Respectable
Apr 2, 2016

Go with the Clevo, Asus build quality is less than idea, and they run hotter than clevos, i can confirm that. Clevo laptops are also far more upgrade friendly. Batteries are better and they are cheaper. I played freaking hearts of iron on my old clevo on battery for 6 hours.

If you are a serious gamer, then the clevo with the sli is the best if you love tinkering with settings. Also the clevo is much more maintainable. However if you want a laptop that will play all the games without any issues then the asus is a better choice. Also it will run cooler, make less noise and have a better battery life. as it only has 1 gpu rather than 2.

Purpletalon55

Respectable
Apr 2, 2016

my clevo when i had one about a year and a half ago ran cooler, than my friends asus with same hardware. And was also quieter. Frankly the battery in a clevo is huge way higher capacity than you get in asus and its replaceable can be popped right out as a module.

Solution

Micka9fr

Commendable
Oct 2, 2016
I want to retrieve the same power that a desktop without taking a breakable laptop. I was very desappointed from my msi gt72 dragon édition. The screen have burn without raison. I had taking lot of attention to this laptop life...
So I think that I will buy the Clevo. If I can change some component as my tower it s good.

Purpletalon55

Respectable
Apr 2, 2016

Cool, you will like it, just make sure you clean it frequently to avoid dust, clevo units are great. Easy to replace thermal paste. :) which model did you buy.