Climax: Hardcore Games on Wii Difficult to Make

Status
Not open for further replies.

greliu

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
The Wii is a great system... but like he said, it's not for the hardcore gamer. And if you really want to game ... forget the xbox 360 and ps3 ... there just toys, get a PC :)

rigaudio

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
Call it "Silent Hill: Mario Fit Racer Pals" and judiciously use that wobbling board thing Wii users love to stand on. Have mini-games between each level and display their brain age when you die.

Because apparently we love that shit.

Shadow703793

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
[citation][nom]greliu[/nom]The Wii is a great system... but like he said, it's not for the hardcore gamer. And if you really want to game ... forget the xbox 360 and ps3 ... there just toys, get a PC[/citation]
Well said.

metalfellow

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
I wouldn't see why people would buy a console that is aimed at school age kids and soccer moms, then complain about a lack of hardcore games. This subject is becoming tiresome, the wii was never aimed at that market with a lower cost and limited hardware. I think the producers are smart to not invest in such projects on the wii.

CChick

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
[citation][nom]greliu[/nom]The Wii is a great system... but like he said, it's not for the hardcore gamer. And if you really want to game ... forget the xbox 360 and ps3 ... there just toys, get a PC[/citation]

rofl

here we go again, PC is da 1337 shitz y0

I game on my PS3 more than on my PC. PC is only good for one type of game, FPS. and yes I play that on my PC, other than that, nope.

ominous prime

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
[citation][nom]CChick[/nom]roflhere we go again, PC is da 1337 shitz y0 I game on my PS3 more than on my PC. PC is only good for one type of game, FPS. and yes I play that on my PC, other than that, nope.[/citation]

dude, rts? hello? macros? That's way better on PC than on a console.

Kraynor

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2007
I'll never understand system-warriors (ie those that champion a single system, be it 360, ps3, PC, wii, etc., calling all other systems 'terrible'). Personally I own a pretty powerful PC, a 360, ps3, wii, psp, ds, because if a game comes out that's good, I want to be able to get my hands on it.

Sure, the Wii's got a rather bad noise ratio, but there are some very good games in there. Any FPS fans would appreciate Dead Space: Extraction, lightgun fans get House of the Dead, platform fans have Super Mario Galaxy, RPG fans have various Final Fantasy games, then there's other gems like Okami, Zack and Wiki, No More Heroes...

Anyway, my point is that the Wii isn't a terrible console, it has some great games just like every other system, but they're drowned out by the terrible shovelware. It takes a bit of digging but they can be found, and are worth it when they are.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]Maxor127[/nom]That's a completely retarded statement. He should say it's difficult to make a successful mature game on the Wii.[/citation]After reading the article, I believe that is actually exactly what he was saying. The original article was a little clearer, and it also contains this quote:

"We just don’t know if hardcore games can succeed on the Wii. I think it’s yet to be proven. I think a lot of people have bought Wii’s, but many aren’t buying software for it.

“With Silent Hill Shattered Memories, we’ve made a gamer’s game, and we’ve put a lot of passion into the game to get it right. But we’ve now got to wait and see how successful it’s really going to be commercially. That’s kind of out of our hands.”

G

I got mine using the service at www.amzpricesniper.com. It watched the Amazon inventory and the moment Amazon received fresh inventory at the regular retail price this obnoxious alarm went off.

Hiniberus

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]You're a dick, apart from the fact that I can build a PC from scratch that pumps out higher res and FPS than a PS3 for less money[/citation]

I assume you speak of an AMD build by the looks of it. You can't get a decent intel build that cheap unless something made them heavily drop their prices (that I highly doubt)

andybird123

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2007
[citation][nom]hiniberus[/nom]I assume you speak of an AMD build by the looks of it. You can't get a decent intel build that cheap unless something made them heavily drop their prices (that I highly doubt)[/citation]

why does the manufacturer of the CPU make a difference?
if the end result is better graphics for the same price...

r3t4rd

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
I am an OG gammer from the early 80's with the likes of Nintendo and Sega Master System and to some Atari 2600. Consoles are pointless for FPS and MMO's...or the like. A keyboard + mouse will run circles around anyone using a controller to play any such FPS or MMO games. Side Scrolling, Street Fighter II, Final Fantasy, and Mario type games are meant for Consoles. PC+XBox360 Controller = fail unless you are playing Street Fighter IV.

I just don't get people who play FPS's like COD: MW2 on the PS3 and Xbox 360. Consoles have its advantages and so does PC for certain game types.

r3t4rd

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
And yes, I have played through all the PC games from Doom to hal-life to StarCraft, to UT, to WarCraft II, to L4D2. Not to mention I have all the consoles except for Xbox, Xbox360, and PS3. PC gaming is just more enjoyable then Consoles except retro games (my Opinion). But again, there are certain console games that are worth it.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Oh, I love console gaming. N64 emulator to play Conkers Bad Fur day, PCSX2 to play anything else. =D
$60 Pentium Dual Core (2.5GHz dual core, but only 2MB cache, deal with it) + $30 MOBO + old case laying around + $30 PSU + $20 2GB RAM + old 80GB HDD laying around + $60 ATI 4670 = $200 gaming rig. =D

I want a Wii for FPS games myself (though I can only imagine rail shooters would work well) and hack'n'slash games.
The Wii just isn't serious, sorry. It's the same for the NDS. The Sony PSP does have a nice feeling of badass to it though (plus games like GoW, Daxter, R&C etc.).

Why so serious?
I have a 360, PSP and a PC. >=)

chriscornell

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
PC + DVI->HDMI cable to LCD + 2x X-box360 controllers = X-box with 10 times the computing capacity. Consoles are, and will always be teh sux!
There is nothing you can do on any console, that a PC won't do - better!

idisarmu

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2008
[citation][nom]rigaudio[/nom]Call it "Silent Hill: Mario Fit Racer Pals" and judiciously use that wobbling board thing Wii users love to stand on. Have mini-games between each level and display their brain age when you die.Because apparently we love that shit.[/citation]

Apparently.

Respect goes out to you, sir!

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]CChick[/nom]roflhere we go again, PC is da 1337 shitz y0 I game on my PS3 more than on my PC. PC is only good for one type of game, FPS. and yes I play that on my PC, other than that, nope.[/citation]

EEEERRRNN wrong answer douchbag !

game genre's that are better on pc

1. FPSer (obviously)
2. RTS (definitely)
3. RPG's (when designed for pc such as dragon age : origins)
4 Simulators (air combat tank ect. ect.)
5. simulation (like life simulators, such as second life and the sims)

game genre's that are not at their best on pc but are fairly nice when done right

1. Racing games get a wheel or a game pad and racers are awsome on pc

2. 3rd person action and adventure if you like lara croft reember she was on pc first for areason .. and every TR game has been done on pc the best beign teh last three games in the series totatlly playable on mouse and keyboard

only gane genere's that cant be done on pc well are general sports titels , martial art games like soul calibur , and boxing games like finght night

so your answer is an epic fail dweeb :p

Status
Not open for further replies.