Cloning harddrive problem.

Henrikas_1

Prominent
Jun 20, 2017
Hello, I`m not sure if I`m in the right place, but could not find anywhere better to ask.
I have used DriveClone 11 to clone my laptop`s harddrive (1TB) to a new empty 1TB harddrive, I`ve connected them both to my main computer and left them to clone using slow method, while I was at work, now I`m back from work, computer was off as I have chose for it to turn off after completion. I have opened clone drive, went to logs and it says "Successfully clone disk 6 to disk 7." But the problem is that in general used size between both hard disks are the same, but it contains more than one partition and partition sizes are not equal. I add a photo to better explain what I mean.
A9niF4G.png

I`m planning on formatting the original hard drive, but I do not want to lose any data.
Do you have any idea why this might have happened? or if theres any program to like check what files they both contain and what files are missing. Thank you.

Not familar with DriveClone 11 per se (full disclosure).

However, go back and check the settings and options. There may be some configuration option that causes DriveClone 11 to "clean up" or otherwise avoid wasting drive space on the clone.

Keep the original drive intact and set it aside somewhere.

Check and test the clone to see if all is indeed well with no missing data or other problems.

After the new drive has been used for awhile (I go for a month at least) and has gone through a couple of backup cycles then pretty good chance that the drive is okay.

At that time you can proceed with formatting the original hard drive.

Or keep it intact even longer just in case the new drive suddenly dies. Seems that many products fail all too much earlier than expected these days.

Henrikas_1

Prominent
Jun 20, 2017
Thanks for your answer, mate.
I have checked the settings and now I`m pretty sure that is why the size is a bit different. Thank you again.