Club 3D Theatron Agrippa, Windows 10 & DD Live

xen111

Commendable
Jul 29, 2016
Hi,

As the title suggests...

I have a sound card that can do 5.1 over S/PDIF. I am using Windows 8 drivers for it. I used to be able to select Dolby Digital live and the receiver would switch to Dolby Digital. I am using an optical cable. This is the configuration pane:

club3d-audio-configuration.png

Pardon the blurry image. Someting with screenshotting not working.

It is currently not working. I don't know what I can do about it. Do you have any ideas? Did a recent Windows 10 upgrade break it?

The Windows sound testing pane does succeed in switching the stream to DD:

club3d-audio-configuration_2.png

That succeeds. The receiver switches to Dolby Digital. That used to work as a permanent thing, but now it doesn't do anything. In fact, I also cannot set it to 44.1 kHz, it stays at 48 kHz no matter what I do.

Even if I set 44.1 kHz as the only supported format in the above screen, it will still only output 48 kHz, except during testing (in said screen). So Windows in general is capable of switching it to whatever it wants, but the configuration pane (first image) doesn't do a thing anymore, except enabled/disable S/PDIF.

xen111

Commendable
Jul 29, 2016
It's the driver that also installs the configurator utility. Typically Windows 8 drivers work fine in Windows 10. It is old hardware and no longer actively supported, not from Club 3D, and neither from Auzentech. There are drivers from C-Media (the chipset) for Windows 8 like I said, and it generally works fine on Windows 10. Also, it used to work in the past (not a few months ago).

Of course I could try reinstalling, but I don't really need general advice :).

Thank you for answering though. I appreciate it.

xen111

Commendable
Jul 29, 2016
Aah, thanks so much. You did put me on the right track.

I searched for and installed the Auzen driver for Windows 8. These cards (Club 3D Theatron Agrippa, and Auzen X-plosion 7.1) used the same chipset (C-Media whatever). Immediately the output format selection worked again. But there was no real directional sound.

Then by happenstance I found that the "Speaker" output had the normal Windows channel configuration option ("Configure" button) that the "Digital output" device did not. But more, the Speaker device also does digital output now.

Setting it to 4.0, my directional sound test (in the first screenshot) also works now. Now I am to test it in my game! Fingers crossed!