CNN Acquires CNN Twitter Account

Status
Not open for further replies.

superblahman123

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
I think Facebook is awesome, I havn't tried Twitter yet, but I might. I think it prevents misrepresentation accusations from occuring for CNN to actually own their Twitter account.

andybird123

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2007
I use facebook simply as an easy way of staying in touch with people when they move, change phone number, email address etc.
I tried myspazz and didn't really see the point, and haven't looked at twitter once because again I don't see the point; if I want news, I'll look at a news site, if I want pointless "I'm doing this" crap from my friends I'll check facebook, I have no interest in what a complete stranger is doing

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
Is Twitter a new news source? I have Tom's and Anand for computer, dpreview for cameras, GSMArena for cellphone, NYTimes for English news so what's Twitter?

mustwarnothers

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2009
I use Facebook just for organizing events with friends, who are otherwise not easily accessible.

But I just don't get Twitter at all.

"woke up at 9:30 today, eating eggs".

OH REALLY? I don't really give a fuck.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Uh, so instead of subscribing to the CNN RSS feed (or, god forbid, going directly to cnn.com), you wait for someone to update the Twitter account instead? Talk about pointless.

mightymax

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2009
[citation][nom]Tindytim[/nom]For those of your who don't know what twitter is, take a look at this:http://current.com/items/89891774_ [...] itters.htmI can see it being useful only in certain cases, and only if it doesn't get to detailed. "Working on Anderson Document" or "Researching issue with new configuration file" would be useful in business situations.[/citation]
Also see here:
Twitter info

hardwarekid9756

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008
Twitter is the bane of the internet. Twitter is worse than 4chan, IMO. At least with 4chan you get comedic memes and It's understood to be damaging. With Twitter, you get serious-minded people who want you to know they just farted in public. Seriously? How did the world get so Candid? What ever happened to "TMI?" This popularity-mindedness is inane and insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.