Coaxial to HDMI converter box?

tysignus

Estimable
Mar 5, 2015
So I am thinking of upgrading out first smart tv to a newer Vizio P Series TV some time around the glorious tax return, time of the year. We are looking at these as they offer the "NEW" 4k video hoopla however none of the P Series tv's seem to have a Coaxial input as these are aimed more at the households who Stream or have some kind of cable box.

Currently we don't have a cable box but do have basic cable that we just run through straight to the TV from the pre existing cable that we get internet on.

I have searched seemingly high and low and outside of looking at getting a version of a slingbox as a workaround to this potential new upgrade.

My question is this: Is there some sort of inexpensive cable or box that will convert Coaxial (IN) to HDMI (OUT) to allow me to still get cable via a coaxial cable to a TV where they apparently do not have the built in tuners and have eliminated the physical coaxial input on the TV.

tysignus

Estimable
Mar 5, 2015

Alright thanks. So I assume that once the cable is ran to that and then i either use hdmi/ or RGB component I would have the TV set to which ever one I chose and then I would use that little remote to flip the channel. Kinda sucks I would need to use multiple remotes.