CoD: BO Breaks Entertainment Release Records

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaoski

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
People keep buying these games and companies keep getting sales records and you can expect Activision to continue using the same OLD engine and never improving on graphics/game play or ANYTHING really.....why bother.

rohitbaran

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010
Well, I say the game is way overpriced fro me, and any other guy looking for a long and solid single player campaign. I bought on steam, so no chance of returning.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]chaoski[/nom]People keep buying these games and companies keep getting sales records and you can expect Activision to continue using the same OLD engine and never improving on graphics/game play or ANYTHING really.....why bother.[/citation]
qft sir.

but let me remind you. activision has a terrible reputation of milking their franchises to death... two prime examples are guitar hero and tony hawk. milked to death. their sales numbers are so low, its hilarious

tony hawk shred sold 3000 in its first week

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
Carl-of-Duty-Black-Cops.jpg

nielnield

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
With that kind of money, they should make amazing games, but nope, black ops still using its dated engine and has a stupid 6 hour campaign. I don't get it. Activision CEO is the dumbest person ever. It's smarter to expend more money on a truly good game that sticks for many years.

Supertrek32

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
It's true the campaign portion of Black Ops wasn't wonderful. Definitely not bad, but not AAA material.

The multiplayer's probably the best of any CoD so far, though. Very well balanced.

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
another sign why stupidity is on the rise...

Publishers have learn that the stupider the consumer, the greater the margin of profit. Pushing more content through console effectively means promoting simplicity. When simplicity becomes dominant, the complexity and enthusiasm that comes along with the joy of "FIGURING THINGS OUT" vanish all together.

The corporate world is forming stupid population. The population celebrates it by being sheep.

jaoreill

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2006
the game has made improvements in all areas besides engine in my opinion, that is something that I would expect. the game still has a very impressive look to it on consoles, as did MW2. pissing and moaning is irrelevant because the bottom line is if you don't buy this version of a similar game, you're probably not going to play online much with your friends. it's the way it is. why fix what isn't broke...because it's what everyone else is doing...

thechief73

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
Are they breaking records on bugs, glitches, bad servers, over priced DLC, short SP mode, rampent immaturity, foul language, and cheating yet?

viper666

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2006
torrented the game, played 30mins, uninstalled. I want my 30mins back...

There was a time when games were good, because the technology had limits and they had to compensate the gfx with a good story, sound effects, voices which would get the player immersed.

Now everything is dumbed down with maxed out gfx and no story. It seems that the majority of so called "hardcore gamers" like the new trend which can be seen from the millions of copies sold therefore more "games" like this will emerge, because there will always be a market for it.

G

[citation][nom]Parsian[/nom]another sign why stupidity is on the rise...Publishers have learn that the stupider the consumer, the greater the margin of profit. Pushing more content through console effectively means promoting simplicity. When simplicity becomes dominant, the complexity and enthusiasm that comes along with the joy of "FIGURING THINGS OUT" vanish all together. The corporate world is forming stupid population. The population celebrates it by being sheep.[/citation]

Yes, yourself included.

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
[citation][nom]nielnield[/nom]With that kind of money, they should make amazing games, but nope, black ops still using its dated engine and has a stupid 6 hour campaign. I don't get it. Activision CEO is the dumbest person ever. It's smarter to expend more money on a truly good game that sticks for many years.[/citation]

In honesty I think what it has all come down to is Team Fortress 2. That game alone probably logs millions of hours per day (Steam game servers hit about 3million peak a week day and more on week ends) and thats for VALVe games only since the otehrs are hosted via other servers.

I myself think that the other companies want something like that or WoW that has so many players so they can create a micro-transaction based system to profit off of.

I remember when CoD was the best WWII FPS ever out. It even made MoH look like, well crap. It had a great story mode that told the story of the war and then a fun multiplayer.

Now they focus way too much on making money. CoD hit in 2003. CoD 2 hit in 2005. 2 years. No CoD 3, only went to consoles. CoD 4 hit in 2007 then we had CoD MW2 in 2008 and CoD WaW as well. Then CoD MW2 in 2009. Now CoD BO in 2010 with CoD MW3 set for 2011.

I notice that as the time between each game went down, they started to become less driven by the fans and more driven by money....

G

For those who hated this game due to the terrible gamplay performance/graphics, get the new Medal of Honor. It's everything Black Ops should have been. It's an extremely short campaign but it's very entertaining the entire time. After 15 minutes of trying hard not to get a seizure from playing BO I uninstalled and returned my pre-ordered copy.

bernardv

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2009
Non-stop psychopathic violence, no sane person can enjoy such an experience. In my opinion gamers who play stuff like this a lot should join some group therapy.

If you write an f*** word on some forum, the post is delete, but at the same time content like the latest CoD titles is distributed in millions ... I think this is pretty twisted.

Status
Not open for further replies.