Solved! Code 10 error in my intel wireless driver 9650

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanpy

Prominent
Mar 23, 2020
While this problem has happened few times before,some or the other way it got resolved.I tried rebooting the system,uninstalling and installing the drivers,troubleshooting through network and internet settings,installing drivers again from official site.Last time this problem happened I tried alternating between the different drivers and it worked.I tried everything but it doesn't seem to be working.

I have a slight suspicion that might have caused this problem.Just before the problem arrived I shaked my laptop gently upside down to remove some of the dust on the keyboard.Does it have something to do with this damaging the wireless card? Or should I wait it out?What seems to be the problem here?

Tanpy

Prominent
Mar 23, 2020
Since nobody answered,I am posting a solution so it may help others in future.

I think its a windows or windows update bug.This has happened several times with many people.And almost surely it will be a software problem rather than any hardware damage.Try all the steps I mentioned above in my question.If that doesn't seem to help,there is final check.This also ensures there is no hardware problem and also might get your driver working.Just boot up linux using a usb stick and check for wifi connections.(In my case,I used ubuntu where you have to completely install ubuntu.Just boot up linux instead of windows in the boot menu, and after it opens click on "Try Ubuntu" rather than installing it,since you only have to check.I am not sure if its the case with other distros also.)If they are available then its a windows problem.Then remove the usb stick and restart the laptop.There is a chance you might see your wifi connections back.You may try it multiple times ,if it doesn't happen on first try

Hope it helps!

Reactions: Carl31
Status
Not open for further replies.