Codemasters, Epic Games and the International Monetary Fund Get Hacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj463rd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008
The worst punishment that a cyber criminal hacker can get would be for him/her to be a forever banned for lifetime (by another at minimum 5 year sentence felony crime) from using the Internet or using,possessing,selling or making a Internet capable computer,smartphone or any other Internet capable device.Make it a crime like 1st degree Felon in possession of a firearm (a 5 year mandatory sentence here in most states in the USA).
Those who love to use their computers,smart phones or other Internet devices would writhe in intense agony at such a lifetime legal loss.

Blessedman

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
With china on the verge of getting out from underneath itself, I can't see them wanting to upset the way things are going. I can see several other nations wanting that though.

Marthian

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
Bethesda (The masterminds behind Skyrim) also got hacked.

Anyone else want to make these hackers rue the day they f***ed with everyone?

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]wasabiman123[/nom]It's 100% the chinese for the IMF, no other power has the incentive to do so.[/citation]

Agreed here. I can't see any other nation that would like to destabilize the economy.

zkevwlu

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2011
[citation][nom]wasabiman123[/nom]It's 100% the chinese for the IMF, no other power has the incentive to do so.[/citation]

Seriously? The title says cyber attack and that automatically condemns the Chinese these days? I can think of a bazillion people with an invested interest in obtaining sensitive information from the IMF these days and China doesn't even approach the top of the list. With the rapist now resigned and behind bars there is now a power vacuum within the IMF. The only 2 contenders are Augustin Carstens and Christine Lagarde. I would not be surprised if any one of the nations in Central/Latin America started to dig for dirt on Lagarde to try and sway the appointment in Carstens favour. Given that voting power in the IMF is proportional to a nation's financial status Lagarde is on the verge of winning by default, and the Latin Americans are getting desperate.

jcesmi

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
If enough people do enough hacking of enough stuff, is there a risk that new laws or policies would be put in place to stop hackers from being to do this? Seeing as a few people on here have already said that hackers should be punished in some way, it does look like these events are causing a lot of support for such policies or laws. And that could mean bad things for people's freedom as the term "hacker" could be used to describe someone who distributes (accidentally leaves a torrent uploading) an altered .exe file for a game so it can be played for free (for example). I think the hacking is bad, but for different reasons.

G

It's kinda funny that there have been round after round of hacks on various sites, mainly targetting companies with large collections of personal data, and apparently none of them are being proactive and reviewing their own security policies. After sony's big screw up, you'd figure that even they would internalize the shame and review ALL external facing sites which have or contain personal data, but I guess why bother, sometimes its easier/cheaper to ask forgiveness then be proactive I guess.

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
[citation][nom]servarus[/nom]Why is it when it comes to these kind of attacks, you guys would always blame the Chinese?[/citation]

I run an ecommerce website and most of the whois logged hack attempts point to Chinese with Russia at #2

rebel1280

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
[citation][nom]hotsync[/nom]It's kinda funny that there have been round after round of hacks on various sites, mainly targetting companies with large collections of personal data, and apparently none of them are being proactive and reviewing their own security policies. After sony's big screw up, you'd figure that even they would internalize the shame and review ALL external facing sites which have or contain personal data, but I guess why bother, sometimes its easier/cheaper to ask forgiveness then be proactive I guess.[/citation]
what makes you think their not? not very smart are you...

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
i hope social security medicare and medicaid and romney/obamacare get hacked and drained of all funds just so we can end social communism in the usa.

iNiNe5

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
Alot of organizations and companies getting hacked these days. Everyone should be on XBOX Live cuz they are un-hackable, so I was told in those PSN threads a few weeks back.

Status
Not open for further replies.