ColecoVision power

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

Have a ColecoVision console without a PSU

Anyone have the power requirements / pinouts ?


Thanks...
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

In article <qM-dnS0maOpA9bHfRVnygw@pipex.net>,
"Richard Hutchinson" <richard.hutchinson@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:

> Have a ColecoVision console without a PSU
>
> Anyone have the power requirements / pinouts ?

I have access to over 100 CV power supplies. Most are wall mount
bricks, a few are floor set bricks with wires to a wall outlet. I can
sell them at $9 each plus shipping, quantities of 10 or more I can get a
discount and sell them for $7.50 each plus shipping.

Anyone interested, e-mail me.

jt
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

Not sure about the pinouts, but I think an older computer power supply
(I'm thinking AT style) could be hacked to do the job. I'm pretty sure
they provide all the same voltage levels used by the CV.

There is a similair power supply made by IBM - even has the same
connector, I think it was for typewriters. However the voltages are NOT
the same, so be careful!
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

In article <1110928441.167674.327150@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
"Dan Mazurowski" <kingsmedley@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Not sure about the pinouts, but I think an older computer power supply
> (I'm thinking AT style) could be hacked to do the job. I'm pretty sure
> they provide all the same voltage levels used by the CV.
>
> There is a similair power supply made by IBM - even has the same
> connector, I think it was for typewriters. However the voltages are NOT
> the same, so be careful!

The TI 99/4A is the only other system I've seen to use this connector,
but it provides a single 18VAC, and two of the pins are shorted together
inside the connector. So not only is it a bad idea to plug one into a
Colecovision, you can't even salvage the plug.

Basically, if you don't want to pay for a genuine Colecovision power
supply, you'll have to open up the CV and wire up a bypass.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

In article
<bruce#fanboy.net-D5AA08.16451217032005@crash.newsreader.com>,
Bruce Tomlin <bruce#fanboy.net@127.0.0.1> wrote:

> Basically, if you don't want to pay for a genuine Colecovision power
> supply, you'll have to open up the CV and wire up a bypass.

Ai I previously posted, I can sell both styles (wall brick and floor
brick) for $9 each, less in quantities over six units. E-mail me if
interested.

jt
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

Thanks for the ideas.

I'm going to wire in a PC PSU as I have several spare ones about the house.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Streaming Video & TVs 2
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
Pushrod Streaming Video & TVs 3
T Streaming Video & TVs 0
S Streaming Video & TVs 0
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 0
topov22 Streaming Video & TVs 1
Jvasseur1 Streaming Video & TVs 0
A Streaming Video & TVs 5
E Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 0
G Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 2
G Streaming Video & TVs 18
G Streaming Video & TVs 3
G Streaming Video & TVs 8
B Streaming Video & TVs 3
G Streaming Video & TVs 1

ASK THE COMMUNITY