Collision Leaves Earth-sized Hole in Jupiter

Status
Not open for further replies.

megamanx00

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
I just thought of that movie Armageddon just now. I'm sure if something like that threatens earth the Japanese will have a giant robot ready to go into space and push it out of the way while Congress is still voting on the color of a very big rocket to shoot at it.

Shnur

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
Tom's, one place, all the news.
Awesome to know though :D
I usually don't check astronomic sites but some news is always good.

JustinHD81

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
Megamanx00 I don't think Japan has enough room to build the size of robot needed, most likely they'd design it, and the Chinese would build it, and Australia would provide the majority of the resources required.

mman74

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
So when they say that there are potentially thousands of planets with the right conditions for life do they take into account the fact that Earth is extremely lucky to have shields like Jupiter taking hits for us.

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
"Jupiter, you're my hero. You make all the heroes in the world look weak."

I wanted to say some sort of cheesy Chuck Noris joke but I could not think of any that where funny...

Anyway its cool I just wish there was a youtube video of it happening :)

timaahhh

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2007
No not really. Volunteer storm spotters help give the National Weather Service information on conditions to get a more accurate picture of whats going on in the sky.

G

No because nasa is focused more on other parts of space rather then looking at a planet they already did in the past. Im sure they would of picked up on it eventually

ravewulf

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
(Whoops, quoted the wrong person before)

[citation][nom]JustinHD81[/nom]Megamanx00 I don't think Japan has enough room to build the size of robot needed, most likely they'd design it, and the Chinese would build it, and Australia would provide the majority of the resources required.[/citation]

They already made a 1/1 scale model of a Gundam. Lights, mist out of the verts, and the head moves. Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl-Si9M9sYY

nachowarrior

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
crap, there goes my first major land investment... who wants to live in a crater? now my non existent great great great great grandchildren are going to be poor.

Luscious

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2006
NASA needs to put Chuck Norris in a space suit to protect us. Then next time an asteroid comes near Earth he can round-house-kick that sucker out of the way. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.