Combine wired-wireless home stereo speakers

thedion5

Prominent
Dec 2, 2017
I have a 4-room wired speaker system hooked to my conventional receiver. Can I replace one set of wired speakers with a pair of wireless and still be able to select any combination of the 4 to play simultaneously? I want to play CDs, vinyl and radio from component system. I also connect in (wired) to stream from iPhone. Will BT receiver/transmitter allow me to stream wirelessly and still use any/all speakers?

Solution
You can connect a bluetooth transmitter to the tape record output of the receiver if it has one. Your other 4pr are not affected by your use of the wireless speaker.
If it doesn't you can connect a speaker to line level converter with level controls to the speaker selector and to that connect the bluetooth transmitter. That would require you to lose one position on the speaker selector. The level controls in the converter are needed so you don't overload the input of the transmitter when you turn the volume of the receiver up to high.
If you have a bit more to spend I would suggest that using a Sono Connect or Denon HeosLink connected to the receiver which gives you great streaming music controlled by you iPhone on all the wired...
You can connect a bluetooth transmitter to the tape record output of the receiver if it has one. Your other 4pr are not affected by your use of the wireless speaker.
If it doesn't you can connect a speaker to line level converter with level controls to the speaker selector and to that connect the bluetooth transmitter. That would require you to lose one position on the speaker selector. The level controls in the converter are needed so you don't overload the input of the transmitter when you turn the volume of the receiver up to high.
If you have a bit more to spend I would suggest that using a Sono Connect or Denon HeosLink connected to the receiver which gives you great streaming music controlled by you iPhone on all the wired speakers. You can add Sonos or Heos wireless speakers as needed and these would be separately controlled, could play the same or different music and allow for more speakers than most bluetooth speakers will allow.

Solution