Comcast Buying Remainder of NBCUniversal from GE

Status
Not open for further replies.

seels

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
Apple should now buy NBC, Comcast, and GE altogether. Acquire them all! Crush the competition! Muahaha. Buy copycats Google and Samsung too. Ha.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
^^^You provoke the iHaters! ;) Anyways this is another step with Comcast sticking it to Dish service providers. If Comcast owns enough networks it may screw Dish providers by charging more to offer their programming. :p

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
Great, more reason for them to have BS data caps and yet claim to have so much speed.

Yea well that speed is great but rendered useless when I can reach the cap in a hour because of it.

G

Stop hating, if you dont like em dont use them. Go back to dial up. I get 110 mbs speeds with them and dont need their cable. Can watch everything online now. If you know where to look you an watch anything anytime without the cable box.

G

The only thing they are on the cutting edge of is raising rates, theyhave nothing to do with innovation. Their monopoly is the only reason they have enough cash to increase their monopoly.

ubercake

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
When will anti-trust laws start to kick in with these cable providers? For most of us, it's choose one of two. For some of us, there's only one choice.

chomlee

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]ubercake[/nom]When will anti-trust laws start to kick in with these cable providers? For most of us, it's choose one of two. For some of us, there's only one choice.[/citation]

I would like to know how many congressmen comcast has in their pockets. I just switched to directTV because comcast raised my rates. Unfortunately I was forced to keep internet because they are the only decent choice in my area. Look at all the changes in the laws that comcast has had their hands in over the last 20 years. Its rediculous that the country voted for regulation on the cable industry 15 years ago forcing competition but yet that law got squashed by some congressmen paid off by the cable companies.

What scares me now is that they might have a large stake of Hulu now and they will in tern be limiting the way you get downloadable content. If they had their way, no content could be downloadable on the web and only accessable through them for a fee.

Lets face it, getting tv programing via cable should be in the stone age by now and the only reason why we cant just get all our programing by using something like a roku or apple tv box is because of the cable companies influence on how that media will be distributed.

chomlee

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]I have stock with GE I wonder what this will do to it.[/citation]

Well, I guess it was anounced yesterday and the stock went up 3% I made some decent money myself but I would gladly give it back if it meant that comcast would begin to be looked at as a monopoly.

Status
Not open for further replies.