Comcast Debuting 4K/UHD Cable Box This Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

kawininjazx

Distinguished
May 22, 2008
My comcast looks like a turd in 720/1080 and the boxes work like crap. I'm sure this will be just as bad.

Watch hulu or netflix in 1080 looks amazing.

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
What we really need is 4K streaming for sports NHL would look amazing in 4K I imagine. I remember how awful and difficult in particular hockey was to watch as a kid at 480p due to the fast pace nature of the game it was extremely difficult to watch in low resolution.

It's drastically better now in 1080p and far easier to follow, but I think the next step forward is defiantly 4K it'll look way superior in fact I think in some hockey arena's they've all ready began to display it in 4k.

ATL_Tech_Guy

Estimable
Feb 20, 2014
... and they're already behind with a 4K solution, should also support 6K and 8K output (via a future plugin module or such).

10tacle

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
When I moved last month, I closed out my Comcast/Xfinity account of nearly 9 years. I was so happy to tell them I had moved into a new home and that I had signed on with ATT U-verse. They had a hard time letting go and switched me to an account manager to try and sell me. My decision was made, and I told them why: annual cost increases of $10 with nothing to show for it (same crappy 720p HD or compressed 1080p for 9 years), frequent signal scrambling rendering what I had DVR'd useless, and bed over fees for an additional DVR box, and frequent internet outages they blamed on upgrading and nearby construction. I am paying less to ATT with more equipment (wireless DVR boxes) and better quality (true 1080p programming). Finally, it took me over a freaking HOUR to turn in my equipment at the local Xfinity service center and get closed out. Good riddance Comcast/Xfinity.

richard694000

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2011
I hate Comcast. I pay $225 a month with supposedly 100mb down load speed. Never seen a down load go past 10mbs. slow page loading and surfing. And know it is not my computer. Have over $2000 invested in my set up. There so called hd channels are not high def either. just bring up any free over the air hd channel and what a difference. But I'm stuck no other carrier here. Why are cable companies allowed to monopolize areas?

Status
Not open for further replies.